Drakengard 3 Audio Crackling
Started by LittleGhostlyRose

1 posts in this topic
LittleGhostlyRose

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-25-2021, 03:56 PM -
I've tried everything. I've tried literally everything but the audio crackling has not stopped. 

Ok, this story starts like 6+ days ago, when I installed RPCS3 and got Drakengard 3. I love hack and slash games and Drakengard 3 is right up my alley. I already spoiled myself to most of the story so the reason I was playing was mostly gameplay. I played through chapter 1, murdered Five in cold blood and laughed at her death because I hate her with a burning passion, and then like 3 days ago I started getting really major audio crackling issues in Chapter 2 Verse 3- after they began not long after the audio would go out and moments later the game would freeze. 

I tried changing a lot of settings but it didn't stop. I eventually reinstalled RPCS3, erasing my old save data, and this time tried without the 1.01 update (I've still got all the dlc, however, I have not tried it without the dlc yet). The same issue. Originally there was audio crackling when I first got Drakengard 3 but I was able to solve it by disabling SPU Loop Detection after a bit of troubleshooting. But no matter what I do this time the audio won't stop crackling.
The crackling is triggered upon enemies being spawned and it gets worse the more there are and really really bad whenever I fight any. It also causes game lag and framerate drops but the game seems to be able to run with the audio crackling...for a few minutes before it freezes.

I'm using a laptop with the following build: i7-6700HQ GTX 960M
Using the latest version of RPCS3.
yurinator557
RPCS3 Tester

356 posts 44 threads Joined: Jul 2019
04-25-2021, 07:08 PM -
(04-25-2021, 03:56 PM)LittleGhostlyRose Wrote: I've tried everything. I've tried literally everything but the audio crackling has not stopped. 

Ok, this story starts like 6+ days ago, when I installed RPCS3 and got Drakengard 3. I love hack and slash games and Drakengard 3 is right up my alley. I already spoiled myself to most of the story so the reason I was playing was mostly gameplay. I played through chapter 1, murdered Five in cold blood and laughed at her death because I hate her with a burning passion, and then like 3 days ago I started getting really major audio crackling issues in Chapter 2 Verse 3- after they began not long after the audio would go out and moments later the game would freeze. 

I tried changing a lot of settings but it didn't stop. I eventually reinstalled RPCS3, erasing my old save data, and this time tried without the 1.01 update (I've still got all the dlc, however, I have not tried it without the dlc yet). The same issue. Originally there was audio crackling when I first got Drakengard 3 but I was able to solve it by disabling SPU Loop Detection after a bit of troubleshooting. But no matter what I do this time the audio won't stop crackling.
The crackling is triggered upon enemies being spawned and it gets worse the more there are and really really bad whenever I fight any. It also causes game lag and framerate drops but the game seems to be able to run with the audio crackling...for a few minutes before it freezes.

I'm using a laptop with the following build: i7-6700HQ GTX 960M
Using the latest version of RPCS3.
Recommended spec for a laptop is way higher than a 6700HQ, I would expect audio issues on this game.
In any case, please upload the log file generated by RPCS3.