Rock Band 3 [BLUS30463]
Started by GrantKane

46 posts in this topic
elropper

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2021
01-19-2021, 10:39 AM -
Since the Rockband 3 works perfectly on my PC, I wonder if it is possible to play the PRODRUMS mode. The problem is that both the yellow and blue cymbals don't detect them, they work like toms. I don't know if it would be possible to map the midi note with external software, or if someone has tried.
It's a shame as the emulation works very well and would be a good solution for those who don't have the PS3 anymore.
By the way, I use the Midi PRO Adapter and an Alesis Dm6 edrum.
JimmyEatWaffles

6 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2020
02-03-2021, 08:38 PM -
(01-19-2021, 10:39 AM)elropper Wrote: Since the Rockband 3 works perfectly on my PC, I wonder if it is possible to play the PRODRUMS mode. The problem is that both the yellow and blue cymbals don't detect them, they work like toms. I don't know if it would be possible to map the midi note with external software, or if someone has tried.
It's a shame as the emulation works very well and would be a good solution for those who don't have the PS3 anymore.

Just evaluating from this bug, the Rock Drums drums device class doesn't seem to detect as drums on Rock Band 3 (also on other games like The Beatles Rock Band, Lego Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band). Rock Band Drums are required so you can play "Pro Drums" which adds 3 more notes or cymbals that you can play on. As of right now if you want to play drums you have to set your device class to Guitar Hero drums but the Guitar Hero drums are unable to be play in "Pro" because the game doesn't allow it due to the drums only having 3 pads and 2 cymbals.

log: RPCS3 Log

[Image: unknown.png]

Rock Band drumset with the "Pro Cymbals" peripheral attached to them (R3 is the modifier that activates them in-game).
[Image: rb3.drums.x360.jpg]

Something else that I didn't test myself but others have is that there is this peripheral called the "Midi Pro-Adapter". Which allows for the use of electronic drumsets and keyboards in the game. From what I've heard the peripheral does show up on the game but it seems that RPCS3 is unable to read the midi signals that is sending to the game. Might need some implementation.

Mad Catz Rock Band 3 MIDI PRO-ADAPTER (PS3 variant)

[Image: PS3_Rock_Band_3_MIDI_Pro-Adapter.jpg]
(note: the Xbox 360 variant is usable on it's drum mode on RPCS3 since it sends xinput signals to your computer)
This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 08:41 PM by JimmyEatWaffles.
somzera699

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2021
03-21-2021, 05:18 AM -
(02-03-2021, 08:38 PM)JimmyEatWaffles Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 10:39 AM)elropper Wrote: Since the Rockband 3 works perfectly on my PC, I wonder if it is possible to play the PRODRUMS mode. The problem is that both the yellow and blue cymbals don't detect them, they work like toms. I don't know if it would be possible to map the midi note with external software, or if someone has tried.

Just evaluating from this bug, the Rock Drums drums device class doesn't seem to detect as drums on Rock Band 3 (also on other games like The Beatles Rock Band, Lego Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band). Rock Band Drums are required so you can play "Pro Drums" which adds 3 more notes or cymbals that you can play on. As of right now if you want to play drums you have to set your device class to Guitar Hero drums but the Guitar Hero drums are unable to be play in "Pro" because the game doesn't allow it due to the drums only having 3 pads and 2 cymbals.

It looks like they added Rockband Pro class, but no input seems to work for the cymbals, just the default notes, like Rock Evolution class.
https://i.imgur.com/fkFadOv.png
Kramerika

6 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2021
03-29-2021, 06:36 PM -
My own experiences with doing some testing. If anyone has suggestions on what to do differently to get anything working that is not, I am eager to learn.

#1 Microphones - I can only get one microphone to work. I can get Windows to recognize 3 USB microphones and set them in the settings, but only one will work in the game.

#2 Keyboard
- Rock Band Xbox 360 keyboard connected through the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter works in game as Xinput guitar, but none of the keys work
- Rock Band PS3 keyboard connected through wireless dongle gets recognized by Windows as a game controller but does not work in the game
- I tried a midi to USB cable for both Xbox 360 and PS3 keyboard, but could not get Windows to recognize them as game controllers

#3 Guitar
- Rock Band Xbox 360 guitar connected through the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter works as Xinput Rock Band guitar except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive
- Rock Band PS3 guitar works connected through wireless dongle set as MMJoystick controller and and Rock Band guitar after remapping buttons except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive
- Rock Band PS4 guitar works connected through a Windows bluetooth adapter set as MMJoystick and Rock Band guitar, but the pad config does not recognize button presses to reset the buttons to be able to work correctly

#4 Drums
- I have Rock Band Xbox 360 drums with the cymbal kit, but I did not get a chance to dig them out and hook them up to test.
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with Xbox midi pro adapter only work properly if set as Xinput Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with PS3 midi pro adapter only work properly if set as MMJoystick Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work

I cannot set a mix of drums and guitars to Xinput. If I set one of the Xinput controllers to guitar, it sets all of them to guitar or the same for drums, so the only way to get drums and guitars working simultaneously is to use controllers that work for Xinput guitars and drums as MMjoystick or vice versa.
JimmyEatWaffles

03-30-2021, 04:08 AM -
(03-21-2021, 05:18 AM)somzera699 Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 08:38 PM)JimmyEatWaffles Wrote:

It looks like they added Rockband Pro class, but no input seems to work for the cymbals, just the default notes, like Rock Evolution class.

They work for me:

(03-29-2021, 06:36 PM)Kramerika Wrote: My own experiences with doing some testing.  If anyone has suggestions on what to do differently to get anything working that is not, I am eager to learn.

#1  Microphones - I can only get one microphone to work.  I can get Windows to recognize 3 USB microphones and set them in the settings, but only one will work in the game.

#2  Keyboard
- Rock Band Xbox 360 keyboard connected through the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter works in game as Xinput guitar, but none of the keys work
- Rock Band PS3 keyboard connected through wireless dongle gets recognized by Windows as a game controller but does not work in the game
- I tried a midi to USB cable for both Xbox 360 and PS3 keyboard, but could not get Windows to recognize them as game controllers

#3  Guitar
- Rock Band Xbox 360 guitar connected through the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter works as Xinput Rock Band guitar except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive
- Rock Band PS3 guitar works connected through wireless dongle set as MMJoystick controller and and Rock Band guitar after remapping buttons except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive
- Rock Band PS4 guitar works connected through a Windows bluetooth adapter set as MMJoystick and Rock Band guitar, but the pad config does not recognize button presses to reset the buttons to be able to work correctly

#4  Drums
- I have Rock Band Xbox 360 drums with the cymbal kit, but I did not get a chance to dig them out and hook them up to test.
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with Xbox midi pro adapter only work properly if set as Xinput Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with PS3 midi pro adapter only work properly if set as MMJoystick Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work

I cannot set a mix of drums and guitars to Xinput.  If I set one of the Xinput controllers to guitar, it sets all of them to guitar or the same for drums, so the only way to get drums and guitars working simultaneously is to use controllers that work for Xinput guitars and drums as MMjoystick or vice versa.

"Rock Band Xbox 360 guitar connected through the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless adapter works as Xinput Rock Band guitar except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive"
The effects switch is bindable it's the Y-axis on the right stick however yes tilt seems to be broken.

"Rock Band PS3 guitar works connected through wireless dongle set as MMJoystick controller and and Rock Band guitar after remapping buttons except for the special effects switch and tilt sensor, select works for overdrive"
You can pass-through the ps3 dongle to the emulator so it can work natively on the game as how it would do on an actual PS3. [more info https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...ccessories]

"Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with Xbox midi pro adapter only work properly if set as Xinput Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work"
Umm this was recently fixed, have you updated your emulator yet?

Also the xbox and ps3 guitars have some different bindings that can be mapped on the emulator. For example, tilt on the RB guitars on xbox just emulates moving up on the right stick while on PS3 it does an R1 button press [ONLY on rock band guitars] Also the effects switch is up and down on the right stick on the ps3 guitars while on the xbox guitars is just the axis that controls how far the L2 or left trigger is being pressed.
This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 11:20 PM by JimmyEatWaffles.
Kramerika

6 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2021
03-30-2021, 01:43 PM -
Sorry. This is my experience as of a few weeks ago which I didn't have time to post at the time. That's good news. Can you assign one Xinput controller to a guitar and another Xinput controller to drums without it resetting all of the Xinput controllers to the one that you just set?
JimmyEatWaffles

03-30-2021, 07:19 PM -
(03-30-2021, 01:43 PM)Kramerika Wrote: Sorry.  This is my experience as of a few weeks ago which I didn't have time to post at the time.  That's good news.  Can you assign one Xinput controller to a guitar and another Xinput controller to drums without it resetting all of the Xinput controllers to the one that you just set?

Yes you can, all you need to do is make a profile for "guitar" and "drums" then set one for each controller. You can make as many as  you want if you have different types of controllers cause I know that on the GH guitars the blue and yellow are swapped for some reason.

Have fun!
somzera699

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2021
04-04-2021, 12:08 AM -
Quote:It looks like they added Rockband Pro class, but no input seems to work for the cymbals, just the default notes, like Rock Evolution class.

Quote:They work for me:

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but no input seems to work for any of the cymbals, are you really using Rockband Pro Class? Or are you using usb passthrough? Thanks for showing it working something has to be wrong at my side.

#Edit:
Finally got the cymbals to work! Thanks to JimmyEatWaffles I understood how they work and here's how to set it up correctly:

If you play on keyboard you can set it up like this: https://i.imgur.com/fXqbqKH.png ~ or set it up the way you like. You NEED to assign a key to R3 as it's the modifier for the cymbals, they work by sending a R3 signal + normal drum pad color.  As of now you cannot set multiple keys for the same input in RCPS3 (A suggestion for future builds!) so you either have to hold the R3 key and tap the color you want to play the cymbal, or you can use a remap software to press the two keys at once for you (ex: L key on keyboard to green cymbal, you would remap [L] to [Shift]+[K] if using my setup above), for this scenario I use ReWASD.

If you want to play in drums you can use any drums that Windows recognize as a controller (I use a Guitar Hero 4 Drums and have the orange cymbal remapped to the Green Cymbal in RB3 as Clone Hero[another great game btw] remaps the Green Cymbal to the physical orange cymbal of the drums). For that you will need another remap software and do the same thing, for that I use Antimicro, it's extremely easy to use. Just remap the drum pads/dpads/start/select to the keyboard keys you have set up and for the cymbals you need to remap [R3 key] + [Pad Color] (ex: In my setup green pad is [K] so i remapped my cymbal to [Shift]+[K] as Shift is my R3 key), just repeat this to every cymbal you have and done! Save your profile in antimicro and leave it running in the background while you play.

In game press start, go to options, drum options, and select the cymbals you have/remapped.

#Edit2:
Even better: add RPCS3 to your Steam library by adding as non-steam game and use the amazing Steam Controller remapper to remap your drum cymbals to Yellow/Blue/Green + R3, works the same way and you don't need to assign keyboard keys!

ProTip: At launch parameters put "[RCPS3path]\dev_hdd0\disc\Rock Band 3 BLUS30463\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN" to launch Rock Band 3 with a single click with the remapped controls!
~assuming you have the same path as me~ or edit to your RockBand3 Eboot.bin path.

It would be nice if it was like Dolphin Emulator as in Dolphin you don't need any 3rd party apps because it allows for multiple keys/buttons to be set for the same inputs.
This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 05:36 AM by somzera699.
lightbulb751

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2021
06-09-2021, 06:45 PM -
As a workaround for anyone that doesn't have the midi-pro adapter and has usb-midi as an output on their e-kit brain. To play drums or pro-drums you can use the software midikey2key and map your e-kit inputs to keyboard inputs which are inputted into the rpcs3 gamepad using the keyboard preset.

The following image is a screenshot of the settings for my red pad (same exact settings for every colored cymbal, pad and kick; except different key output) on midikey2key using an Alesis Turbo E-Kit: 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mooty!

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2021
07-14-2021, 09:06 AM -
As a user on Linux, RCPS3 uses evdev instead of MMjoystick.

I have followed the instructions regarding the axis (https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...ad_handler)
which didn't fix the issues.

Turns out all inputs are recognized in evtest but don't make their way through evdev into RCPS3.

GH5 controller: start, select, tilt sensor (this one probably requires specific work), whammy bar (it registers the axis but the game doesn't use it, even though I was able to bind it to the right stick), the "higher up frets" strip is recognized as an axis which is displayed correctly after the "analog stick centering" but will probably never be usable I imagine.

Rock Band guitar controller: same as GH5 controller, the "effect switch" is recognized as an axis but doesn't seem to do anything in-game.

Rock Band drum controller: all the necessary functions including kick are bindable except start and select.

I also tried to use the RB guitar and RB drums at the same time and even though I had made a seperate profile for each, the game lost its marbles and suddenly recognized the guitar as drums and the drums as guitar. I double checked if I didn't make a mistake but it seems RCPS3 suddenly starts "crossing the wires" and gets confused.

If I can be of any use as a tester for these issues, I'd love to help.