Atelier Rorona Plus The Alchemist of Arland [BLES02050]
Started by sakura leite costa

79 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-18-2017, 01:47 AM -
You put a disc game in the hard drive folder. Don't do this as it conflicts with game installation. Put the game anywhere else (your desktop, C:\games, whatever) and use the boot --> boot game menu to select the folder.

Furthermore make sure that the structure is such that the folder USRDIR and several other files and folders are inside the folder PS3_GAME and that the file PS3_DISC.SFB is next to the folder PS3_DISC, not inside it or anywhere else. Move it if need be.

Also set frame rate limit to auto in settings, not off.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

04-18-2017, 06:42 AM -
(04-18-2017, 01:47 AM)ssshadow Wrote: You put a disc game in the hard drive folder. Don't do this as it conflicts with game installation. Put the game anywhere else (your desktop, C:\games, whatever) and use the boot --> boot game menu to select the folder.

Furthermore make sure that the structure is such that the folder USRDIR and several other files and folders are inside the folder PS3_GAME and that the file PS3_DISC.SFB is next to the folder PS3_DISC, not inside it or anywhere else. Move it if need be.

Ah there we go. Now its working. I saw on an earlier post to put the game in the folder so I thought those were additional instructions. It's working on vulcan, a little slow but still good considering my video card is crap. I'll try my luck on other games.

Oh even with the updated graphics card, would Trails of Cold Steel still be a no?
ssshadow
Administrator

04-18-2017, 12:25 PM -
(04-18-2017, 06:42 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 01:47 AM)ssshadow Wrote: You put a disc game in the hard drive folder. Don't do this as it conflicts with game installation. Put the game anywhere else (your desktop, C:\games, whatever) and use the boot --> boot game menu to select the folder.

Ah there we go. Now its working. I saw on an earlier post to put the game in the folder so I thought those were additional instructions. It's working on vulcan, a little slow but still good considering my video card is crap. I'll try my luck on other games.

Oh even with the updated graphics card, would Trails of Cold Steel still be a no?

RPCS3 isn't heavy on the GPU at all. PS3 graphics are PS3 graphics. If you use a tool like GPU-Z to monitor GPU usage I am sure even your Intel GPU is fast enough. (The problem with Intel is actually shit drivers...)

No the speed limit is the i3 itself. You really need an i7 for general RPCS3 performance TBH...

Trails should work. Absolutely use the option "GPU texture scaling" in RPCS3 settings. In fact use it for Atelier too. Of course an i3 is an i3, will probably be slow...
jazjaz36
Unregistered

04-18-2017, 11:46 PM -
(04-18-2017, 12:25 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 06:42 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

RPCS3 isn't heavy on the GPU at all. PS3 graphics are PS3 graphics. If you use a tool like GPU-Z to monitor GPU usage I am sure even your Intel GPU is fast enough. (The problem with Intel is actually shit drivers...)

No the speed limit is the i3 itself. You really need an i7 for general RPCS3 performance TBH...

Trails should work. Absolutely use the option "GPU texture scaling" in RPCS3 settings. In fact use it for Atelier too. Of course an i3 is an i3, will probably be slow...

I know this should be a different topic but I'm trying out Trails. What you thought me before was to use the K-12.
https://mega.nz/#!aUIjFRKC!vLsG0iCjtT4X8...WQ3SXkZdaI
and the sandybridge thing.

But just to mention, the K-12 doesn't have a "GPU texture scaling" option.
ssshadow
Administrator

04-19-2017, 12:19 PM -
It is kd-11. And you can use the latest RPCS3 version now, those changes have since long been merged into master branch.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

04-19-2017, 12:54 PM -
(04-19-2017, 12:19 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It is kd-11. And you can use the latest RPCS3 version now, those changes have since long been merged into master branch.

so if i get it right... the latest build that you mean is this (april 12)
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

it already has the k-11 merged and all i have to do to try to make trails work is to use that build and check GPU texture scaling? of course i assume that i still have to follow everything else you thought me: the sandy bridge, the check all modules, and the firmware from sony, ... right?

i think i tried that but i'm still getting an error. if this is confirmed then i'll try again and then attach the log. vulcan and d2d... whatever, and i should use both recompilers?
ssshadow
Administrator

04-19-2017, 01:09 PM -
(04-19-2017, 12:54 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 12:19 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It is kd-11. And you can use the latest RPCS3 version now, those changes have since long been merged into master branch.

so if i get it right... the latest build that you mean is this (april 12)
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

it already has the k-11 merged and all i have to do to try to make trails work is to use that build and check GPU texture scaling? of course i assume that i still have to follow everything else you thought me: the sandy bridge, the check all modules, and the firmware from sony, ... right?

i think i tried that but i'm still getting an error. if this is confirmed then i'll try again and then attach the log. vulcan and d2d... whatever, and i should use both recompilers?

That version yes. Both recompilers, sandy bridge workaround, gpu texture scaling... Same as Atelier Rorona here except for the sandy bridge workaround really. Move over to that thread for further questions.
Reihar
Unregistered

05-13-2017, 09:43 AM -
Hi
I've started Playing with Rorona Plus yesterday on the last build from rpcs3's website (0.0.2-3-b9ebf59) and I've been getting encouraging performance with OpenGL and the recompilers (30- fps in 3D, 60 in 2D) but I've been getting some texture problems.

I also don't get some recommendations about loading liblv2 only but then checking boxes for some libs. The UX doesn't seem to allow it.

I've attached screenshots and a log. Anyone has an idea about what's happening?
ssshadow
Administrator

05-13-2017, 05:32 PM -
The UI was simplified together with other improvements. Just use the first option to automatically load modules.

Try turning off GPU texture scaling for graphical issues, or using Vulkan or DX12 if possible.
Reihar
Unregistered

05-14-2017, 01:23 PM -
(05-13-2017, 05:32 PM)ssshadow Wrote: The UI was simplified together with other improvements. Just use the first option to automatically load modules.

Try turning off GPU texture scaling for graphical issues, or using Vulkan or DX12 if possible.

When I turn it off, the background on those scenes disappear a black background is displayed. The artifacts are still there on the text. I can't re-test with Vulkan and DX12 at the moment because I'm on linux. But if I recall correctly the same thing was happening with those backends too. I'll have to try again later.

Strangely enough, I get the best performance with the Opengl.