Build rpcs3 from vlj
Started by notq

10 posts in this topic
notq
RPCS3 Tester

435 posts 58 threads Joined: Nov 2017
11-26-2015, 02:03 PM -
Trying make a build from vlj fork and got some errors. Need a help.

Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line
Error    MSB3073    The command "
      cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug;Release" -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -DLLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME=OFF -DLLVM_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_DOCS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_UTILS=OFF -DWITH_POLLY=OFF -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=6.1 -DCMAKE_VS_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1 ../llvm
      msbuild.exe ALL_BUILD.vcxproj /t:rebuild /p:Configuration=Release
    " exited with code 1.    llvm_build    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    42
      cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug;Release" -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -DLLVM_BUILD_RUNTIME=OFF -DLLVM_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_DOCS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_TOOLS=OFF -DLLVM_INCLUDE_UTILS=OFF -DWITH_POLLY=OFF -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=6.1 -DCMAKE_VS_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1 ../llvm
    " exited with code 1.    llvm_build    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    42
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'llvm/Support/DataTypes.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file Emu\Cell\PPULLVMRecompilerCore.cpp)    emucore    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\Hashing.h    48
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'llvm/Support/DataTypes.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file Emu\Cell\PPULLVMRecompilerTests.cpp)    emucore    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\Hashing.h    48
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'llvm/Support/DataTypes.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file Emu\Cell\PPUThread.cpp)    emucore    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\Hashing.h    48
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'llvm/Support/DataTypes.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file Emu\Cell\PPULLVMRecompiler.cpp)    emucore    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\Hashing.h    48
Error    LNK1181    cannot open input file 'wxmsw31u_adv.lib'    rpcs3    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\rpcs3\LINK    1
Error    LNK1181    cannot open input file 'C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\wxWidgets\lib\vc_x64_lib\wxmsw31u_adv.lib'    rpcs3-tests    C:\Git\rpcs3-d3d12-wip\rpcs3-tests\LINK    1
flashmozzg
Unregistered

11-26-2015, 04:00 PM -
Have you followed simple builds instructions thoroughly?
You probably missing: "To initialize the repository don't forget to execute git submodule update --init"
notq
RPCS3 Tester

11-26-2015, 04:36 PM -
(11-26-2015, 04:00 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: Have you followed simple builds instructions thoroughly?
You probably missing: "To initialize the repository don't forget to execute git submodule update --init"

You right, i don't get it. Where i have to paste it or how execute this command.
flashmozzg
Unregistered

11-26-2015, 05:16 PM -
(11-26-2015, 04:36 PM)notq Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 04:00 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: Have you followed simple builds instructions thoroughly?

You right, i don't get it. Where i have to paste it or how execute this command.

First, you should have git installed (I recommend https://desktop.github.com/ since it's easy to use)
Then, just clone the repo via it (you can just press clone in desktop button on repo page on github, or adding it manually through app with this clone url https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3.git).
when it will either clone it with submodules (don't remember if it did it automatically) or you'll have to open git shell (right click on the repo in gh desktop - open in git shell) and paste and execute this command in it
Code:
git submodule update --init
notq
RPCS3 Tester

11-26-2015, 05:27 PM -
(11-26-2015, 05:16 PM)flashmozzg Wrote:

First, you should have git installed (I recommend https://desktop.github.com/ since it's easy to use)
Then, just clone the repo via it (you can just press clone in desktop button on repo page on github, or adding it manually through app with this clone url https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3.git).
when it will either clone it with submodules (don't remember if it did it automatically) or you'll have to open git shell (right click on the repo in gh desktop - open in git shell) and paste and execute this command in it
Code:

Any chance to do it another way avoid installing git like just download of master rpcs3 .zip and manually download folders with asmjit wxWidgets so i did it? I mean will it work like this or only via git installing?
flashmozzg
Unregistered

11-26-2015, 05:58 PM -
(11-26-2015, 05:27 PM)notq Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 05:16 PM)flashmozzg Wrote:

Code:

Any chance to do it another way avoid installing git like just download of master rpcs3 .zip and manually download folders with asmjit wxWidgets so i did it? I mean will it work like this or only via git installing?

You can download every submodule (asmjit,ffmpeg,llvm,minidx9,wxWidgets) separately yes, though that would be a hassle.
notq
RPCS3 Tester

11-26-2015, 08:10 PM -
I'm starting to hate this things. I have installed the desktop git, sing up, log in. Pushed the button Clone in Desktop. And nothing happens in Github program. No reaction. Is it work with 0 Private repositories for free account ?

(11-26-2015, 05:58 PM)flashmozzg Wrote: You can download every submodule (asmjit,ffmpeg,llvm,minidx9,wxWidgets) separately yes, though that would be a hassle.

So i did that way and got errors. In that case the command "git submodule update --init" is not necessary since i'm not used github desktop. Right ?

After scan repos in Desktop Git i found rpcs3, in Git Shell typed "git submodule update --init". How to add the repo in VS I can't find .sln ?
flashmozzg
Unregistered

11-26-2015, 09:08 PM -
(11-26-2015, 08:10 PM)notq Wrote: So i did that way and got errors. In that case the command "git submodule update --init" is not necessary since i'm not used github desktop. Right ?

After scan repos in Desktop Git i found rpcs3, in Git Shell typed "git submodule update --init". How to add the repo in VS I can't find .sln ?

It should there you cloned it. (you can just open the dir by right clicking and choosing "open in explorer&quotWink
https://help.github.com/desktop/guides/contributing/
notq
RPCS3 Tester

11-26-2015, 10:12 PM -
I got very strange folders include in cloned rpcs3 that located C:\Users\XXX\Documents\GitHub\rpcs3\.git

And of course no .sln for VS. In fact it's not cloned at all.

Now i think it's not cloned. I remove all folders from git repo folder, push the button on github page Clone in Desktop and nothing was cloned. On guide page it's simple as the day but seems not for me..

Seems i get it. I needed to import vlj fork to my github page and then cloned to my desktop.

It's better but errors still exist.

Code:
29>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'wxbase31u.lib'
flashmozzg
Unregistered

11-26-2015, 11:21 PM -
(11-26-2015, 10:12 PM)notq Wrote: I got very strange folders include in cloned rpcs3 that located C:\Users\XXX\Documents\GitHub\rpcs3\.git

And of course no .sln for VS. In fact it's not cloned at all.

Now i think it's not cloned. I remove all folders from git repo folder, push the button on github page Clone in Desktop and nothing was cloned. On guide page it's simple as the day but seems not for me..

Seems i get it. I needed to import vlj fork to my github page and then cloned to my desktop.

It's better but errors still exist.

Code:
29>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'wxbase31u.lib'

You don't need to look inside .git folder - it's just for git metadata. It should be in the main rpcs3 folder.
Also, it looks like you forgot to init submodules again after cloning from vlj.