Plugin System
Started by Chaoscode

6 posts in this topic
Chaoscode
Unregistered

07-27-2015, 03:58 PM -
Do you guys have a plugin system like pcsx2? If not, I would recommend adding something like this. That ways things can be worked on without interfering with the core. It makes the complex system less complex when you can center on a part of the system. I would be looking to write a drive/disk reading plugin.
tambre
Unregistered

07-27-2015, 04:55 PM -
(07-27-2015, 03:58 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: Do you guys have a plugin system like pcsx2? If not, I would recommend adding something like this. That ways things can be worked on without interfering with the core. It makes the complex system less complex when you can center on a part of the system. I would be looking to write a drive/disk reading plugin.

In my personal opinion, plugin system is a very bad idea for emulators over all.

"It makes the complex system less complex when you can center on a part of the system."
Definently no. It most likely makes it a lot more complex. Want to run a certain game? Install these 13 plugins. Reporting bugs/problems with a game? Well, better list all the plugins and make sure the plugins don't interfere with each other!

"I would be looking to write a drive/disk reading plugin."
Just make a nice PR for it and it will definitly be approved. I don't see any reason why it should be made as a plugin.
Chaoscode
Unregistered

07-27-2015, 08:23 PM -
tambre - I would start working on one but I am out of town for the summer and my laptop doesn't have a blueray in it. I might have to do an upgrade for that.
tambre
Unregistered

07-28-2015, 07:28 AM -
(07-27-2015, 08:23 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: tambre - I would start working on one but I am out of town for the summer and my laptop doesn't have a blueray in it. I might have to do an upgrade for that.

No problem really, just was asking if there was any reason that you couldn't do it without an actual plugin system.
Chaoscode
Unregistered

07-28-2015, 12:29 PM -
(07-28-2015, 07:28 AM)tambre Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 08:23 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: tambre - I would start working on one but I am out of town for the summer and my laptop doesn't have a blueray in it. I might have to do an upgrade for that.

No problem really, just was asking if there was any reason that you couldn't do it without an actual plugin system.

Not really, I'm just used to doing it that way from pcsx2 and dolphin Smile
flashmozzg
Unregistered

07-28-2015, 03:16 PM -
I think you could try using virtual blu-ray drives (like with daemon tools).
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-29-2015, 02:50 PM -
(07-28-2015, 03:16 PM)flashmozzg Wrote:
I think you could try using virtual blu-ray drives (like with daemon tools).

Open source free software BD emulator: https://github.com/sysprogs/WinCDEmu

I am only guessing here, but I think it's completely transparent for an application running on windows whether the drive is real or not since these types of programs usually even fool copy protection software and such.