PSN digital Games
Started by Black

5 posts in this topic
Black
Unregistered

08-07-2014, 08:46 PM -
basically im considering seiling my PS3, but i have a small collection of digital games i'd like to still play, i was wondering how close this emulator is to running a digital ps3 game.

i have Tales of Symphonia (didn't get the collection as i currently have no interest in its sequel and wasn't paying $10 more to get it)
PS2 Classics Bully and Midnight Club 3 Dubstep edition
Psone classics FF7, FF8 and MGS.
granted i can just go get a ps2 emulator and a psx emulator to play those last 5 games and get a gc emulator for Tales of Symphonia but it's not the extended version that was on the PS2 which is only in japanese.
flashmozzg
Unregistered

08-07-2014, 10:30 PM -
It's hardly close to running any commercial game at decent speed (or just running). Come back after 2-3 years. (though with some luck Tales of Symphonia Chronicles may be playable sooner if it's like disgaea)
Ekaseo
Unregistered

08-07-2014, 10:32 PM -
(08-07-2014, 08:46 PM)Black Wrote: basically im considering seiling my PS3, but i have a small collection of digital games i'd like to still play, i was wondering how close this emulator is to running a digital ps3 game.

i have Tales of Symphonia (didn't get the collection as i currently have no interest in its sequel and wasn't paying $10 more to get it)
PS2 Classics Bully and Midnight Club 3 Dubstep edition
Psone classics FF7, FF8 and MGS.
granted i can just go get a ps2 emulator and a psx emulator to play those last 5 games and get a gc emulator for Tales of Symphonia but it's not the extended version that was on the PS2 which is only in japanese.

the emu currently runs only a hadfull of games, bigger games have still a long way to go until the emu is capable of running them and it will take more time untill the emu is optimized enough so that the games run at reasonable speeds. I cant really estimate how long it will take, but im hoping that the time will come soon (read less then 2 years).
aniruddh
Unregistered

08-08-2014, 05:36 AM -
i would like ask what's the news on spurs and the ppu recompiler and the gcm codes
Ekaseo
Unregistered

08-08-2014, 10:47 AM -
(08-08-2014, 05:36 AM)aniruddh Wrote: i would like ask what's the news on spurs and the ppu recompiler and the gcm codes

im not a dev, but i can answer that, work on spurs and ppu recompiler has been stopped in favor for the future speed. currently the devs are working on a better interpreter, memory management, rsx and sync. if the interpreter and memory management gets better, that will mean a better foundation for the recompiler and the emu could get better speeds
aniruddh
Unregistered

08-08-2014, 11:07 AM -
(08-08-2014, 10:47 AM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 05:36 AM)aniruddh Wrote: i would like ask what's the news on spurs and the ppu recompiler and the gcm codes

im not a dev, but i can answer that, work on spurs and ppu recompiler has been stopped in favor for the future speed. currently the devs are working on a better interpreter, memory management, rsx and sync. if the interpreter and memory management gets better, that will mean a better foundation for the recompiler and the emu could get better speeds
all right thanks Big Grin