RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to give the emulated PS3 more memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to investigate a lot of the unused content in Motorstorm: Apocalypse, and i am always running out of RAM for the game. Stuff like ending up with a 261MB heap allocated for 210MB free. (according to the TTY logs before getting unmapped access violation errors)

I know that a smarter person would be able to hack up the file formats and the binaries of the game and attempt to make a new memory map to make the unused levels load without issue. But it should probably be possible to give the PS3 twice as much emulated ram to, rather bluntly, work around the issue.

Is there any known way to modify the amount of RAM for the virtualized PS3 to match that of a development system, or simply give it an arbitrary amount?

I understand that given the goal of accuracy with a retail unit this question is perhaps a bit off-scope. But is there a way to do it? Any flag or config file one could go around to do that?