RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Are game updates a must?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Thanks again for the devs for this amazing piece of software. Life-changing for me.

Are game updates a must? It says (update available) for a few games in my library, but they seem to work just fine without updating. Is updating even need? What's the downside of not updating?

Thank you.
Game by game basis. In general I update my games, but in some cases it can cause issues.
Check the RPCS3 wiki page for the game to see if there's anything listed there.
(04-10-2024, 07:12 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Game by game basis. In general I update my games, but in some cases it can cause issues.

Thanks Ani.
(04-10-2024, 07:23 PM)Moondog Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2024, 07:12 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Game by game basis. In general I update my games, but in some cases it can cause issues.

Thanks Ani.

Please forgive me for asking a dumb question how does someone correctly update the games ? I was trying to update Gran Turismo 5 from an update file however after completing the update the emulator seems to crash when I load the newly updated game. The files are the same ones I used on my Actual PlayStation 3 so I don't think they are the issue. tried update files from 2 different sources with the same results. The game runs fine in the base version.