RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Rpcs3 steam deck top menu bar not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi im completely clueless how to fix this issue on the steam deck . The menu bar on too where it says file obove the option that it says open is nothing showing when i open app on the steam deck . Any idea how to fix this really apreciate . Thank you
Show a screenshot of how it looks for you, I don't have this issue
You can't run the program in gamescope, of course
(11-29-2022, 09:12 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Show a screenshot of how it looks for you, I don't have this issue
You can't run the program in gamescope, of course

I seem to be having this issue as well. RPCS3 When ran through the steam decks "gamemode" shows the top "File, Emulation, Configuration, Manage, Utilities, View, Help" 
But as soon as you go to install anything or do any process that would open a folder, RPCS3 Freezes.

When attempted to do it through desktop mode of the steam deck, the top bar just doesn't appear at all.

[attachment=27812]
This is not an official build of RPCS3, but shouldn't be related, maybe if you maximize the Window, it will show these menus on the top bar.
On Gnome the top bar shows fine even on windowed mode.
I'm having this issue on my desktop as well (Endeavour with KDE Plasma, somewhat similar to Steam Deck) so I'm going to assume this is rather KDE related, especially since it's confirmed to not be an issue on Gnome.

A temporary solution for me was to an "Application menu" button to my Titlebar, under the Window Decorations -> Titlebar Buttons settings.
This added a Hamburger menu in my titlebar from which I would get a dropdown with the usual File, Emulation, Configuration ...

As suggested in this Reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/z1..._menu_bar/), I tried turning off the "Application menus daemon" under Background Services.
This made my RPCS3 menu re-appear.