RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Is it really worth ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I have read that the RPCS3 emulator is very demanding (consumes a lot of CPU) because the PS3 is a console with a very complex architecture. I think that for $30 that a PS3 costs there is no need for emulation. And $2000 PC neither. Is barely conceived.

I would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks in advance.
See if that PS3 costs $30 several years and decades from now.
Regarding $2000 PC, you only spent $2000 because you wanted to. You can spec a PC that meets recommended requirements for less than 1K.

We're preserving the PS3 while also adding many enhancements over the physical console. Current prices for things are irrelevant, really.
(10-24-2021, 09:41 AM)Zelda Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I have read that the RPCS3 emulator is very demanding (consumes a lot of CPU) because the PS3 is a console with a very complex architecture. I think that for $30 that a PS3 costs there is no need for emulation. And $2000 PC neither. Is barely conceived.

I would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks in advance.

You don't buy a computer just for ps3 emulation. You pay for it's multi-tasking, multi-platform gaming and multi-media capability.
Which should be more than good enough.