RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: emulating memory for custom tracks with EA Sports games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

For anyone familiar with EA Sports games you will be familiar with the ability to load custom music and sounds from a flash drive to the memory of the PS3 for use from inside the game. This is enormously useful as EA has excelled for years in picking the most irritating music possible for most of its sports games. As an example, the NHL series has an ingame menu in the front end that allows you to use custom tracks and sounds from the PS3 hard drive and assign them to events in the games. You can change everything from the goal horn to the between period music and so on.

I have tried to figure out from the settings in RPCS3 how to point the the emulator towards a folder on my PC hard drive so I can use the sounds in the game, but without any luck. Can anyone offer a solution or advice?

Thanks!
No one has a hint? Anything?
(10-29-2021, 02:30 PM)blondearrow Wrote: [ -> ]No one has a hint? Anything?

Have you tried making a folder in dev_hdd0 called 'music' and putting the songs in there? If this doesn't work then the functionality probably hasn't been implemented yet
(10-29-2021, 03:36 PM)yurinator557 Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you tried making a folder in dev_hdd0 called 'music' and putting the songs in there? If this doesn't work then the functionality probably hasn't been implemented yet

Hello sir!

I will give that a go! Thank you very much for the hint and the reply!
(10-29-2021, 03:36 PM)yurinator557 Wrote: [ -> ]

So, I finally got this to work. I created a music folder under the dev_hdd0 folder and dumped mp3 directly there... and it worked. The game picked them no problem!