RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RPCS3 avoiding hyperthreaded cores after upgrade, 50% cpu usage max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using rpcs3 for several months with my old cpu/motherboard, but recently upgraded from a Xeon E5-1660 v3 to an i9 7920x, and with the new cpu/mobo, I'm seeing it avoid half of my cpu, capping out at 50%. This doesn't seem to be an issue in PC games or benchmark utilities, and it wasn't a problem before on my old Xeon, which would happily use 70-80%+.

The new cpu is a 12 core / 24 thread, vs my last cpu's 8/16 which made me wonder if it was just too many threads, so I disabled 4 cores in the bios, and it still avoided half of the cpu, with performance suffering. This is a clean windows install, with rpcs3's settings copied over from my previous pc, although I tried with a clean rpcs3 install and had the same issue. I've attached a log from gameplay, as well as a taskmanager screenshot to show what I'm talking about. I'm not really sure where to go from here, does anyone have any thoughts?