RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Please advise me how update my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there. I recently bought GT 1030 on my PC with i3-4150 Haswell. It shows better results, than integrated Intel HD 4400, but the emulator is still slow down and loads processor on 100%. And I have a question.

1. I can buy Xeon e3-1230 v3 from China for about 55-60$ (this is a cheap variant, but I doubt it will give a real performance boost in the emulator, since the processor may not support all the necessary instructions

2. I can fully upgrade my platform on modern processor like Ryzen or Intel 10 or 11 gen, but this is a motherboard for 50$ for cheapest variant, 100-120$ for Ryzen 3/i3 and RAM for 60$ for cheapest complect of two planks for 4GB (its so expensive)

3. I can find methods for optimize emulator/operating system/myself (it's free)

I need your help, members of this forum
If you buy the cheapest motherboard or the cheapest Ryzen 3 CPU you won't have a good time.
i3-4150 is a dead end since it's a dual core, so you need to upgrade, and the difference in performance will be huge.

Upgrading to a newer platform also requires buying DDR4 RAM, so that's some extra cost for you.

Decent 4 core Ryzen CPUs will be Zen 3 which don't exist yet.
You could get i3-10100 but the price is too high and the 10400F / 10400 is just slightly above in price. At that price range, you can also buy a Ryzen CPU around R5 3600.

Either way, get at least 8GB of RAM, don't cheap out there as well, get at least 3200MHz sticks (you can manually tweak RAM timings afterwards if you want to squeeze more performance there), ideally you'd want 2x8GB so you can get dual channel memory for increased performance. 2x4GB is also a thing if you really can't afford 16G of RAM.
(06-14-2021, 02:50 PM)steinrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there. I recently bought GT 1030 on my PC with i3-4150 Haswell. It shows better results, than integrated Intel HD 4400, but the emulator is still slow down and loads processor on 100%. And I have a question.

1. I can buy Xeon e3-1230 v3 from China for about 55-60$ (this is a cheap variant, but I doubt it will give a real performance boost in the emulator, since the processor may not support all the necessary instructions

2. I can fully upgrade my platform on modern processor like Ryzen or Intel 10 or 11 gen, but this is a motherboard for 50$ for cheapest variant, 100-120$ for Ryzen 3/i3 and RAM for 60$ for cheapest complect of two planks for 4GB (its so expensive)

3. I can find methods for optimize emulator/operating system/myself (it's free)

I need your help, members of this forum
Have you look at the second hand market ?