RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RPCS3 crashes on startup if no ds4 controller is connected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RPCS3 crashes on startup if no ds4 controller is connected

If I launch RPCS3 without my DS4 controller connected or if I launch it with with the Xbox One controller connected it crashes giving the message: Fatal Error: Unhandled Win32 exception 0xC000005

I tried almost everything: uninstalling video and audio drivers with DDU and making a clean install, updating controllers drivers, updating RPCS3, updating VCRedist 2019...
I've always the same problem: if I launch RPCS3 without the DS4 controller connected i always receive the fatal error message: Unhandled Win32 exception 0xC000005

Does anyone know about this problem? I saw that someone posted a post like this in the 2017 but with no answer...

Is anyone able to solve this very strange issue?

Thank You!!!
(04-25-2021, 10:37 PM)Ok I solved the problem!!! as yurinator557 (Discord/RPCS3) said it was an audio driver problem! in particular the problem was related to the Asus noice canceling microphone audio input! I deactivated it and the emulator started without errors... Wrote: [ -> ]Strangely the DS4 controller let it launch, perhaps because its microphone was in substitution of the Asus one...
#Thank you very much YuriNator557!

Ray76RPCS3 crashes on startup if no ds4 controller is connected

If I launch RPCS3 without my DS4 controller connected or if I launch it with with the Xbox One controller connected it crashes giving the message: Fatal Error: Unhandled Win32 exception 0xC000005

I tried almost everything: uninstalling video and audio drivers with DDU and making a clean install, updating controllers drivers, updating RPCS3, updating VCRedist 2019...
I've always the same problem: if I launch RPCS3 without the DS4 controller connected i always receive the fatal error message: Unhandled Win32 exception 0xC000005

Does anyone know about this problem? I saw that someone posted a post like this in the 2017 but with no answer...

Is anyone able to solve this very strange issue?

Thank You!!!