RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Drakengard 3 Audio Crackling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried everything. I've tried literally everything but the audio crackling has not stopped. 

Ok, this story starts like 6+ days ago, when I installed RPCS3 and got Drakengard 3. I love hack and slash games and Drakengard 3 is right up my alley. I already spoiled myself to most of the story so the reason I was playing was mostly gameplay. I played through chapter 1, murdered Five in cold blood and laughed at her death because I hate her with a burning passion, and then like 3 days ago I started getting really major audio crackling issues in Chapter 2 Verse 3- after they began not long after the audio would go out and moments later the game would freeze. 

I tried changing a lot of settings but it didn't stop. I eventually reinstalled RPCS3, erasing my old save data, and this time tried without the 1.01 update (I've still got all the dlc, however, I have not tried it without the dlc yet). The same issue. Originally there was audio crackling when I first got Drakengard 3 but I was able to solve it by disabling SPU Loop Detection after a bit of troubleshooting. But no matter what I do this time the audio won't stop crackling.
The crackling is triggered upon enemies being spawned and it gets worse the more there are and really really bad whenever I fight any. It also causes game lag and framerate drops but the game seems to be able to run with the audio crackling...for a few minutes before it freezes.

I'm using a laptop with the following build: i7-6700HQ GTX 960M
Using the latest version of RPCS3.
(04-25-2021, 03:56 PM)LittleGhostlyRose Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried everything. I've tried literally everything but the audio crackling has not stopped. 

Ok, this story starts like 6+ days ago, when I installed RPCS3 and got Drakengard 3. I love hack and slash games and Drakengard 3 is right up my alley. I already spoiled myself to most of the story so the reason I was playing was mostly gameplay. I played through chapter 1, murdered Five in cold blood and laughed at her death because I hate her with a burning passion, and then like 3 days ago I started getting really major audio crackling issues in Chapter 2 Verse 3- after they began not long after the audio would go out and moments later the game would freeze. 

I tried changing a lot of settings but it didn't stop. I eventually reinstalled RPCS3, erasing my old save data, and this time tried without the 1.01 update (I've still got all the dlc, however, I have not tried it without the dlc yet). The same issue. Originally there was audio crackling when I first got Drakengard 3 but I was able to solve it by disabling SPU Loop Detection after a bit of troubleshooting. But no matter what I do this time the audio won't stop crackling.
The crackling is triggered upon enemies being spawned and it gets worse the more there are and really really bad whenever I fight any. It also causes game lag and framerate drops but the game seems to be able to run with the audio crackling...for a few minutes before it freezes.

I'm using a laptop with the following build: i7-6700HQ GTX 960M
Using the latest version of RPCS3.
Recommended spec for a laptop is way higher than a 6700HQ, I would expect audio issues on this game.
In any case, please upload the log file generated by RPCS3.