RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RPCS3 Game Freeze: College Hoops 2K8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was playing College Hoops 2K8; started a new legacy and began a new season. Played the first scrimmage game and everything appeared to go well. I wasn't experiencing any issues that I could see or hear. The game completed fine and I brought up the post-game stats to look at steals, second-chance points, bench points, field goal percentage, etc. All seemed well. I got up to use the restroom and grab a coffee, and when I came back the game had froze up.

I'm just now getting started on learning the ropes with the emulator, and I'm about to do some settings tweaks based on some of the things I've read. Figured I'd ask and see if there are any common settings changes that typically need to be made so I don't overlook a possible easy fix. I have a very capable gaming rig hardware-wise, so there shouldn't be any system-related problems as far as obsolete processing/GPU power/RAM. I'll list the hardware specs if necessary though.

Thanks!
[attachment=21497]

I have a new freezing issue to report;

Was playing the game a little bit ago and got all the way to the end of a basketball game when suddenly the game froze up out of nowhere. I've attached the log/tty 7z as well as a screenshot of what I saw moments after the freeze. Never in my years of playing this game on a PS3 console have I seen this screen, so I'm guessing it's emulator-specific. This is the first freezing issue I've experienced since the original issue. Game has been fine otherwise.

System Specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU 3.70 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Driver Version: 27.21.14.5730)
32GB RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4133 (PC4 33000)
Windows 10 Pro (x64) 20H2/OS Build 19042.804
And tonight... incident #3 establishes a common trend; it's always somewhere during the post-game wrap-up when the commentators are making closing comments and Greg Gumbel is replaying the key play of the game. Never freezes during actual gameplay. Always after the final horn sounds and the broadcast is winding down.

I'm enjoying the emulator for the most part, but this is getting very annoying. Anyone have any ideas what is causing the crash?