RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Common freezing when compiling shaders on recent builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On several games in recent builds, RPCS3 will completely freeze when compiling shaders. The audio will continue but the video remains stuck no matter how long I wait. This happens often but not every time it's compiling. 

The example I'm using in the attached log is Ultra Street Fighter IV. The game works perfectly on some older builds from a few years back. When compiling shaders, the game may stutter for a split second but it has never frozen. On the recent versions, the game will usually freeze within the first fight but it's never consistent. Sometimes it will happen before I can even get to a match while other times I may make it beyond the first match. 

I tried related games like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken and I have the same issue. Any ideas why this is happening?
Holy crap. I'm having the same freeze, with music going on Gundam Reborn. I just came back to Rpcs3 after a LONG hiatus. I've spent hours now trying to get the freeze out. Mine is so random as I can play for like an hour sometimes without issue, or last night I was grinding the same 15 second mission and it froze on the eleventh attempt. No variables changed on my end (same suit, skills, and pilot).

If someone can figure this out you'd really make my month.