RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Mass Effect 2 [NPUB30447]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Test with: RPCS3 v0.0.14-11752-76518d4c Alpha

As with other Mass Effect 2 game id's, I tried playing this version and believe it is currently "in-game" given what I am experiencing.  There seems to be lot's of missing textures during cutscenes, even after textures have finished compiling (see screenshot of an example during the opening scene).  There is also consistent hitching every couple of seconds - both during cutscenes and gameplay.  I also noted times the entire screen would go blank for a second when textures are compiling, during combat this was an issue a few times.  Despite this I think the game would be playable if the framerates were a bit more stable during gameplay.  I never quite achieve 30fps anywhere, combined with frequent drops to below 20fps during combat and the hitching, I couldn't tolerate playing through.

Test System:
Ryzen 1800X
Asus Radeon R9 290X
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Log:  [attachment=21340]

Missing textures (Shepard entire character is black, this should be showing his suit texture):  
[attachment=21341]

Low frames during combat:
[attachment=21342]