RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Games freezing a few minutes after startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed this when attempting to play Skate 2, but it is also happening with Skate 3 and Skate 1. I recently played through Skate 1 with no major issues, but now it is exhibiting the same behavior described below.

Within minutes of career mode starting, my video will freeze but the audio continues. I've tried running on default settings, lowered SPU threads, enabled / disabled vsync, played full screen and windowed, switched to ASMJIT SPU decoder, rolled back to 11069 (which I read helped). Nothing seems to help.

Not sure if this is connected, but the last time this happened I also got a crash that said "Stopping emulator took too long. Some thread has probably deadlocked. Aborting."

I have an i7-9750H, 2080 Max-Q, 64GB RAM, playing off an NVMe external drive over USB-C. I've updated RPCS3 and my Nvidia drivers.
I played through the entire Skate 1 and would occasionally have this but normally after an hour or more of play.

Log attached.
Known issue, rollback to 0.0.12-11092, being investigated
Fixed on latest build
Thanks for your help!
(10-30-2020, 06:37 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed on latest build

I am having the same problem but in my case the message only pop ups when i am closing the Rpcs3. I have played Ninja gaiden sigma  before in 60 fps with no issue but now its performance have also degraded playing on 40 to 45 fps which is very unplayable.
My specs are 
Ryzen 3 2200g (stock)
Ram 16 GB 2666mhz kingston dual channel
A320M-K motherboard

and this is my first time reporting so sorry If I miss anything. Thank you.