RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RTX 2060, Vulkan not available in RPCS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've read threads about Vulkan not available in RPCS3 yesterday and I tried to fix the issue on my new gaming laptop with Ani's method. However, I still can't get the Vulkan to appear in config settings in the emulator. I decided to explain my issue myself.

What I've already tried:
-updating my GPU drivers/reinstalling (however I can try again)
-creating a REG_DWORD in the registry (yes, I found the right directory for my JSON file, however there were two, from 2019 and 2020 in seperate folders so I tried the "latest" one, seems obvious xD)
-testing if the problem still occurs on older versions of RPCS3
-installing latest Vulkan SDK and RT libraries, running vulkaninfo.exe

What I've not tried however:
-searching for additional settings in BIOS
-turning off the integrated AMD GPU in device manager

My previous Lenovo gaming laptop has a GTX 860m GPU with Intel processor and there I have a previous version of RPCS3 (0.0.8), on which Vulkan was already available on the list in configuration options from the first boot. Right now I have an ASUS gaming laptop with RTX 2060 with latest GPU updates and only OpenGL is available. I also tried switching the default GPU when the emulator is running in my nVidia settings but it's still the same. From what I've read, if I'm correct, my RTX GPU is supported when it comes to Vulkan drivers.

What caught up my attention however, after 3 hours of configuration and searching for the right solution, is that in reg edit I don't have a "Drivers" subfolder. Ani suggested to create a DWORD in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\Vulkan\Drivers" but the only subfolders I have are "ExplicitLayers" and "ImplicitLayers" and I have a feeling that's the reason why I couldn't get my DWORD to work.

First, I'd like to apologize for asking the same question about Vulkan, but so far I couldn't find the right solution for it or missing Vulkan "Drivers" subfolder, here or outside RPCS forums. Sad I didn't want do create a mess in the older thread about this.
Second, I'm a dummy when it comes to those advanced tech stuff, so I'm sorry if I ask too many questions xD I need a bit of explanation sometimes xD

I'd be glad to recieve a reply, I'm not sure whether the problem is with my nVidia drivers or Vulkan or something else. I can prepare log files if necessary but I need to know which ones Smile 

Here are my ASUS specs:
>AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
>16 GB RAM
>Windows 10 Home, 1903 build (64 bit)
>nVidia GeForce RTX 2060 (451.48 driver version)

Kind regards!
The same problem happened to me.

I got it working, here's the how-to:
1. Close RPCS3,
2. Disable the AMD GPU (Vega graphics) from the Device Manager -> Display adapters,
3. Enable it again,
4. Open RPCS3 (Vulkan should available now).

If I reboot the laptop, the problem goes back and I will have to do the workaround again.
Well, at least it's working for now.

I'd be grateful if anyone try this and confirm it's working on your laptop too.
(07-11-2020, 06:07 PM)faintgaze Wrote: [ -> ]The same problem happened to me.

I got it working, here's the how-to:
1. Close RPCS3,
2. Disable the AMD GPU (Vega graphics) from the Device Manager -> Display adapters,
3. Enable it again,
4. Open RPCS3 (Vulkan should available now).

If I reboot the laptop, the problem goes back and I will have to do the workaround again.
Well, at least it's working for now.

I'd be grateful if anyone try this and confirm it's working on your laptop too.
Woah, I haven't heard of this method until now, very unusual but I've had similar ones before to make my games/device work properly. But I would've never thought that disabling and then enabling the GPU would make Vulkan appear.

I tried your method, by disabling the AMD GPU and enabling it again and Vulkan is available so far in my config options.

I spent some time to config everything again and try Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It ran normally so far, however I faced fps and texture issues. I'm guessing it's because I had forgotten to check "Write Color Buffers" on and I ran this game on that laptop for the first time so I guess it requires to be ran a few times before everything looks normal as it should be xD

While we're discussing about RTX 2060 here, for laptops, I'd like to know more about other's performance experience while playing, fps etc., it doesn't have to be TTT2, just like in my case.

As for now it made Vulkan work, I'm grateful for your reply Smile  I'd also be glad to know if it helped for other users.

EDIT: I've managed to change a few NVIDIA GPU settings to gain performance, with a little help of a tutorial I found. I can finally enjoy TTT2 with 60 fps Big Grin  If there's somebody interested I can attatch my settings for both NVIDIA GPU and RPCS.