RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid HD Edition [BLJM61001]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Build 9a4c26dc

Japan version. Both games work well! I consider it playable. Default setting. Sometimes freeze on loading screens. Performance very good, 60fps at 4K.
Missing three screenshots
Screenshots attache! Also:

-Subtitles for radio calls sometimes out of sync with voice
-Pressure sensitive buttons not available with DS4 so cannot aim/hold up with automatic weapons! Must use DS3!
DS4 only has sensitive R2/L2 triggers, as opposed to DS3 which has sensitive D-PAD and L1/R1, so it's a hardware restriction. If it works fine with a DS3, all good, some solution can perhaps be implemented for the Keyboard handler later on

Desync on audio/subtitles usually happens with performance drops
how do you get 60fps?
im using default settings (vulkan no AA) with a 2080 super and a i7-6700k.
and i have an ingame average of maybe 40fps.
(05-06-2020, 05:36 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]DS4 only has sensitive R2/L2 triggers, as opposed to DS3 which has sensitive D-PAD and L1/R1, so it's a hardware restriction. If it works fine with a DS3, all good, some solution can perhaps be implemented for the Keyboard handler later on

Desync on audio/subtitles usually happens with performance drops

Thanks yes makes sense to have half press/full press modifier for other input types one day!
(05-06-2020, 01:24 AM)onkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots attache! Also:

-Subtitles for radio calls sometimes out of sync with voice
-Pressure sensitive buttons not available with DS4 so cannot aim/hold up with automatic weapons! Must use DS3!

Change the audio latency to 30ms, worked for me!
thats strange...
Peace Walker HD Edition is playable - https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-201869.html
and these Metal Gear 2 and 3 HD also playable,
but when im using Metal Gear Trilogy HD Collection - BLUS30847, the only game run is Metal Gear 2.

im thinking the launcher menu or the loading process is still in fixing progress...
MGS3 is not Playable, moved back to Ingame
06ecc2ae68ebdd27455b4ebbdc789478a574de0b
Almost forgot!

RPCS3 Version: 0.0.30-16055-26d406fe Alpha | master

Played through both games without crashes. Both games logged.

Issues in both MGS 2 and 3:

- Slowdowns in busier areas and cutscenes but mostly very playable.
- Edges of shadow maps visible in some areas and real-time cutscenes where objects cast shadows but not all such areas (see screenshots).

Issues in MGS 3:

- Fuselage of the WIG fails to load in cutscene during initial appearances but appears normal later on (see screenshots).
- Some rendering issues on the lake during final escape scenes (see screenshots).

Hope this helps!
Pages: 1 2