RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Expected performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found out about RPCS3 and am totally new to this community. I'm not a die hard gamer (quite the contrary), but somehow Persona 5 got my attention and I learned it's only available on PS3 and PS4.

I've downloaded and extracted "rpcs3-v0.0.9-10274-4f71c570_win64.7z", configured it to use 1920x1080 (OpenGL) and forced TSX. Persona 5 [BLUS31604] only plays at ~31fps and enabling/forcing/disabling TSX doesn't make any difference.

To my untrained naked eye it plays very well, but I'm curious why I'm seeing such a small frame rate number. Is my system just too weak? It's over 4 years old and I haven't build it for gaming, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Which aspects of my system should I change if I would be going for higher frame rates?

TIA!
Use Vulkan, don't use 1080p base resolution since the game doesn't support it, use scaler instead
Thanks for your advice! I've followed your suggestions, but it doesn't seem to effect the frame rate in any way. OpenGL/Vulkan, 720p/1080p, TSX enabled/disabled, CPU @ 4.2/4.5 doesn't make any difference. It stays at ~31fps throughout the game.

Do you have an explanation for this?
Maybe try to put VBlank Frequency to 120 Hz ?
(04-29-2020, 04:50 PM)boolean Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your advice! I've followed your suggestions, but it doesn't seem to effect the frame rate in any way. OpenGL/Vulkan, 720p/1080p, TSX enabled/disabled, CPU @ 4.2/4.5 doesn't make any difference. It stays at ~31fps throughout the game.

Do you have an explanation for this?

Game renders at 30 fps (like the original PS3 game). To run the game at 60 fps you should use community patches to unlock FPS.

https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...me_Patches

Read the link above and apply the patch, if your PC is powerfull enough, 60FPS is doable. It's a fairly stable 4K/60 on my 8700K/1080ti.