RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: General Build Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there everyone, newbie here posting my first question. I have done most of the research, but I wanted to reach out to this community and get the final saying on the topic that I am a bit torn. So I am planning to build a Retro Gaming PC which will house all the emulation that we have so far. And if I still have more power to spare, I might as well make this my Gaming PC All Around. I was almost ready to order my hardware, but when I posted the question on Reddit, I was told that RPCS3 heavily favorites Intel Processors even tho AMD Ryzen has been added to Approved CPU Requirement. I ask this wonderful community to look over my Config and let me know which way I should go. I appreciate everyone's time on this question. 

AMD Quick Config Info:
  • Ryzen 3700x 8C/16T
  • 32GB System Ram
  • RTX 2070 Super

Intel Quick Config Info:
  • i9-9900K
  • 32GB System Ram
  • RTX 2070 Super
I was leaning towards AMD because of the price difference, but then at the same time, I want a CPU that will handle all emulation/gaming going forward. So share your feedback on the above config and let me know what is the best way to go.

Thank you Big Grin
In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to spend.
(03-17-2020, 09:04 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to spend.

Lol at the moment I am trying to keep it below $2000 (if possible). But then at the same time I now 10th gen is coming out and I am wondering if I should wait for it or just get the 9900k now. And if Tom's Hardware is correct, then the (Core i9-10900K) might cost $562+ when available.
(03-17-2020, 09:15 PM)SSJGOGETA Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2020, 09:04 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of performance, 9900K is better. It depends on how much money you want to walmartone spend.

Lol at the moment I am trying to keep it below $2000 (if possible). But then at the same time I now 10th gen is coming out and I am wondering if I should wait for it or just get the 9900k now. And if Tom's Hardware is correct, then the (Core i9-10900K) might cost $562+ when available.
Thank you very much.