RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: RPCS3 closes after unpacking firmware then rpcs3.exe file disappears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, in very new to RPCS3! Thanks for all the hard work everyone is putting into this emulator! 

Something weird keeps happening when I try to install the PS3 firmware. It unpacking it successfully and gives me the popup saying it was successful. I click Okay and don't show again, then the whole program closes (and doesn't install the files) and then the exe file disappears. 

So I then proceed to try to extract the exe file into the directory where it's missing then I get an error saying I don't have permission (even though I'm the administrator)

I got out working a few days ago (I was having similar issues, but then I installed the OpenDll5 and that seemed to fix it) but then I started trying to get The Last of Us playable and was fiddling with the settings then something I did made the exe file disappear again, now I can get the firmware to install at all.