RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: What games run super fast on RPCS3 even without TSX and 4+ ghz ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd just like to know if there are any games that run so well that even an average setup has a good chance at mid 20s+ fps. By average I mean a quad core of 3.5 ghz without TSX and a gtx 970.
Quad core of 3.5ghz is very broad, it can include garbage and good chips
(02-05-2020, 06:01 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Quad core of 3.5ghz is very broad, it can include garbage and good chips
An I3-8100. Im thinking of upgrading, but probably going to wait till Intel drops something new.
It can run many games, from the Playable category which ones do you want to know
Well what I am most interested in is getting Tekken Tag 2, Persona 5, or Gran Turismo 5 or 6 working. Any of the PS3 exclusive Tales games would be cool too.
I don't know how helpful TSX is or Hyper Threading by I cleared those games on rpsc3 at 30fps and above(sometimes on really intensive stages the fps can drop to 15 but that's rare)
I have a laptop with i7-6700HQ purposely limited to 2.5ghz(so no turbo which also means lower performance)

Ar Nosurge - not cleared yet but the fps never falls below 30
Atelier Escha & Logy - cleared at 60fps almost all the time
Atelier Shallie - same as above
Dragon's Crown - not cleared but 30fps all the time
Persona 5 - using the 60fps patch the game is running between 20 and 60fps(below 30 only in certain town areas)
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F - full speed(not cleared)
Tales of Xillia 1/2 - rarely below 30fps(cleared both of them)
Tales of Graces F - also runs at full speed but that game have a weird problem with the speed and it requires specific settings

Between the time I played those games and now,the fps improvement.
(02-09-2020, 08:35 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how helpful TSX is or Hyper Threading by I cleared those games on rpsc3 at 30fps and above(sometimes on really intensive stages the fps can drop to 15 but that's rare)
I have a laptop with i7-6700HQ purposely limited to 2.5ghz(so no turbo which also means lower performance)

Ar Nosurge - not cleared yet but the fps never falls below 30
Atelier Escha & Logy - cleared at 60fps almost all the time
Atelier Shallie  - same as above
Dragon's Crown - not cleared but 30fps all the time
Persona 5 - using the 60fps patch the game is running between 20 and 60fps(below 30 only in certain town areas)
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F - full speed(not cleared)
Tales of Xillia 1/2 - rarely below 30fps(cleared both of them)
Tales of Graces F - also runs at full speed but that game have a weird problem with the speed and it requires  specific settings

Between the time I played those games and now,the fps improvement.
Thanks for the reply