RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Exporting shaders from 8534 to 9226
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

First of all I am really sorry if this is already explained somewhere, I checked both older threads and guides and I could not find an answer.

I have just started using RPCS3 again after a few months when I was away from my PC and I wanted to continue the game I was playing before leaving on the latest version of the emu. Of course, since the "check for updates" option doesn't work on the old version I already had (8534), I have downloaded the latest build (9226) to continue a game I was already playing on 8534 (same computer and same HDD). To keep the compiled shaders, I have tried both extracting the new version over the old one and creating a new folder and copy-pasting the "cache" and "shaderlog" folders from the previous version, but in both cases the emulator re-created all shaders (more than a thousand objects) from scratch, which is pretty annoying. I have also tried copy-pasting every single folder from the old one over the new one (except for "qt" without which the emulator doesn't start) and it didn't work.
I checked the blog and it doesn't look like the shader caching method has changed, so what am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance Smile

I don't think my hardware matters, but here are the specs:
GTX 1080
Ryzen 1700x
8 GB RAM
2 TB HDD
Pretty sure the shader cache version changed at least once between those builds
(12-18-2019, 03:13 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure the shader cache version changed at least once between those builds

I hadn't noticed. Thank you very much for your answer Smile