RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Tales of Xillia [NPUB31136] Freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tales of Xillia [NPUB31136] freezes randomly during gameplay. I am using the very latest version of RPCS3 (v0.0.7-9217 Alpha [2019-12-10]). My rig is pretty old but the game has been playing great thus far, minus the freezing issue. Log file is attached.

RPCS3 v0.0.7-9217 Alpha [2019-12-10]

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard
Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz
8 GB VDATA RAM DDR2 800Mhz PC2-6400
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD
Windows 10 Pro x64
There is no log file, try attaching again
(12-12-2019, 02:40 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]There is no log file, try attaching again

For some reason it's not letting me upload the attachment.

-----

Finally got it to work. It looks like it doesn't accept .zip, .txt, nor Word documents. But it accepted a .rar.

It seems that if you go into Task Manager and set rpcs3's priority to Realtime, it'll prevent the game from freezing / crashing. I tested this for hours yesterday and today and it never crashed once. Someone on YouTube came up with the idea and it works!
But the downside to it is it can cause the emulator to freeze up when you start it up (before loading a game). So, a fix would be greatly appreciated! It seems that setting it to Realtime is doing more harm than good. The emulator is freezing up before I get a chance to start a game now. And it crashes in fullscreen and windowed mode on normal priority mode. Here's another crash log:
I have this problem too. The game freezes a lot, out of blue. There is a lot o failed things in the log.

I tried this of put the emulator in real time, but didn't work. Trying to running with opengl causes a blank screen. The game freezes with other interpreters too. Logs attached.

Is there any configuration i'm missing?