RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error related to "amdvlk64.dll"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, about 2 hours ago, I updated my graphics driver. 

It started off as an AMD Radeon ™ RX 570 and updated to god knows what
I made Control Panel do it automatically so all I know is it updated to the "latest version".

I opened RPCS3 and tried to load one of my games on there
Everything loaded fine until the new Window popped up after the SPU finished compiling. Immediately I got a Fatal Error. A fairly common one. (Attached below)

and then the entire program closed.

It said the module name was "amdvlk64.dll", and I put two and two together and realized that updating my driver was a REALLY big mistake.
So I rolled back to my current one, RX 570, thinking it would fix it, but no

Still the EXACT same error.
So basically, all my games are unplayable and won't boot at all. 

I honestly have no idea what to do and am contemplating just reverting my OS back to the previous day before I even did anything.
I just want everything to work properly again, and I'm scared of taking big risks. 

Yes, RPCS3 is up to date, it actually started acting up when it was on version 6, but even updating to 7 brings the same issue. 

I don't know, please try to do anything you can to help though.
Run vulkaninfo on cmd and post output, also post compressed RPCS3.log as indicated on the support guidelines
(11-13-2019, 06:15 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Run vulkaninfo on cmd and post output, also post compressed RPCS3.log as indicated on the support guidelines
So sorry about that. I keep trying to copy the file but it requires administrator permissions, and I know what that means but RPCS3 closes almost immediately after the error so I have no chance to really do anything with the log file until it disappears. UNLESS I'm thinking of the wrong file. You told me it's the "compressed log file" so my assumption is that it's the log.gz file that's zipped up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for cmd. Could you tell me the exact commands to type in? That would be really helpful. Just to avoid making any stupid mistakes.
The log file doesn't disappear when it crashes, just the compressed version. Manually compress the uncompressed log file and upload
In cmd you run vulkaninfo
(11-13-2019, 07:07 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]The log file doesn't disappear when it crashes, just the compressed version. Manually compress the uncompressed log file and upload
OH!!
Okay, thank you

(11-13-2019, 07:07 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]The log file doesn't disappear when it crashes, just the compressed version. Manually compress the uncompressed log file and upload
I got vulkaninfo up, what do you mean by "post output"?
Want me to post what came up or type something specific?

Oh god, lmao

Sorry for the really dumb responses, I was like half-asleep at that time.
Anyways, I'd really appreciate it if this issue got solved as soon as possible. You wanted me to send the result I got from vulkaninfo, yeah? 

Apologies in advance if I misinterpret anything again. Thanks.
Hey i know its kinda late, sorry for that
I am facing the same problem does anyone have a solution?