RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Catherine [BLUS30428] crashing after updating to 0.0.6-8568-b-70908c8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people of RPCS3 i recently updated my emulator to the latest version and i kept failing to start Catherine [BLUS3042] with vulkan. It crashes after the Deep silver logo with this error:

F {RSX [0x01756a8]} RSX: class std::runtime_error thrown: Assertion Failed! Vulkan API call failed with unrecoverable error: Device lost (Driver crashed with unspecified error or stopped responding and recovered) (VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST)

(in file C:\projects\rpcs3\rpcs3\Emu\RSX\VK\VKHelpers.h:1052)

After trying with multiple fixes i gave up and i'm here talking about this.

(I've dumped my game from my own ps3 without any errors, game was working with vulkan before updating it). Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!
(08-25-2019, 06:06 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/wiki/How-...or-Support
Missing RPCS3.log file.

I'm sorry, here is the log.
Try with a lower resolution scale to make sure it works, you can even try at base 720p

Also, verify your game dump with PS3 ISO Rebuilder, you have a folder for one ID and eboot for another ID
(08-25-2019, 09:12 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Try with a lower resolution scale to make sure it works, you can even try at base 720p

Also, verify your game dump with PS3 ISO Rebuilder, you have a folder for one ID and eboot for another ID

Lowering the resolution seems working, really strange... i have a 4k monitor and i used to play it in 4k, the new update seems to have broke something? Also i've verified the game and is seems fine.

EDIT: Seems like downloading the older version of the emulator does prompt me the same error... seems like something isn't working on my machine, maybe drivers?
EDIT 2: Seems that the game randomly freezes at cutscenes with OpenGL, what a weird issue, also i've updated my drivers to 436.15 (NVIDIA), same problem.
EDIT 3: I got a workaround to make vulkan working by starting the game and immidiatley minimizing the game window until the deep silver logo passes then it crashes immidiatley