RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Complete system freeze after updating to 0.0.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was a few years ago that I last used RPCS3, but recently I decided to run through Persona 5 again. I already had v0.0.2 installed, but figured that updating the emulator would probably fix a few graphical glitches and improve performance.

I downloaded 0.0.6 and attempted to install the firmware: however this caused a full system crash: froze up completely followed by a BSOD.

Tried an older firmware version and got very much the same thing.

Figuring I already had the old version with the firmware installed, I tried copying the files over my existing install. This worked and I could access the emulator and see that the new version was running, however now when I try to launch the game it gets as far as "Compiling PPU module 0 of 61" before again, freezing completely and bluescreening.

I've tried running as an Administrator, messing with the compatibility settings and playing with the process priority in task manager to no avail. I managed to switch my renderer from Vulkan after reading that some people had issues with that, but nothing.

My system is certainly capable of running the software (I7-4790K, GTX970, 8G Ram) and the only physical change since the last time I played is that I had to replace a blown power supply. My drivers are up to date.

As a side note: my system froze entirely while in the configuration screen at one stage - not even attempting to run a game.

So I'll be perfectly honest: I'm out of ideas here. Any thoughts, oh smart people of the internet?
Log is corrupt, no idea what's going on there, seems like your system has some stability issues
It might be because of unstable overclock.
I mean it's certainly possible but it's been perfectly stable for the past six years or so, and RPCS3 is the only thing that has caused anything remotely like this.

Tried a few more times: same results. Sometimes it shows more or less PPU modules to compile, but it's consistently 0/XX that it crashes on.

One of life's mysteries I suppose. Thanks for taking a look at the logs regardless.