RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Logitech G25/G27 support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if anything like this is being considered for RPCS3, as the only PS3 titles I own are racing games with G27 support.

There's a great plugin written by Jackun for PCSX2, allows passthrough for Logitech force based wheels (DF, DF Pro, GT Force/G25/G27) which works excellently, and has forcefeedback as well. Not sure of the difficulty of implementing something similar in RPCS3.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB...gstar-test
https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-wheel/releases

I was able to get basic wheel functionality with the joystick option in the gamepad config with Wangan Midnight, although the clutch axis wasn't detected correctly and I needed to hold the clutch axis at 50% in order to bind the controls. (Detected as constant U- axis input otherwise.)

Anyway, just curious, as this would be awesome.

Thx for any response.
I would be interested in this also. Anything I can do as a non programmer to assist with the implementation? Thank you kindly in advance!

Robin
It's already support via USB passthrough method. I tested with Daytona USA and works exactly as it should.
(09-15-2020, 08:09 PM)digo Wrote: [ -> ]It's already support via USB passthrough method. I tested with Daytona USA and works exactly as it should.

Yes, and I just want to give a huge thanks to the devs for implementing this feature into RPCS3. I just tested Daytona USA using my Logitech G27 FFB wheel and it works(although if you press any of its buttons while the PS3 XMB menu pops up the game crashes...no big deal).

With that being said, I would like to make a humble request, and ask if at all possible, please make it so that the emu can read and support our Logitech wheels natively, without the "pass-thru" requirement for low legacy drivers. The way it is now, we have to install WinUSB drivers via ZaDig application every time we want to use the emulator. It would be wonderful if we can simply plug in our wheels and RPCS3 recognizes it without the need for those drivers.

Thanks again guys and keep up the great work! Smile
(03-16-2022, 10:49 AM)isamu99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2020, 08:09 PM)digo Wrote: [ -> ]It's already support via USB passthrough method. I tested with Daytona USA and works exactly as it should.

Yes, and I just want to give a huge thanks to the devs for implementing this feature into RPCS3. I just tested Daytona USA using my Logitech G27 FFB wheel and it works(although if you press any of its buttons while the PS3 XMB menu pops up the game crashes...no big deal).

With that being said, I would like to make a humble request, and ask if at all possible, please make it so that the emu can read and support our Logitech wheels natively, without the "pass-thru" requirement for low legacy drivers. The way it is now, we have to install WinUSB drivers via ZaDig application every time we want to use the emulator. It would be wonderful if we can simply plug in our wheels and RPCS3 recognizes it without the need for those drivers.

You can easily swap between the two drivers by searching for their INI files in the windows folder. You can automate the process with a frontend with batch files aswell.
Search for the  G27 INI file on the windows folder and create a shortcut on your desktop. Do the same for the ZADIG INI file. Just right click on it and click INSTALL whenever you want to swap between the two drivers. I just summarized the process but you get the gist of it.
(05-29-2022, 05:35 PM)digo Wrote: [ -> ]

You can easily swap between the two drivers by searching for their INI files in the windows folder. You can automate the process with a frontend with batch files aswell.
Search for the  G27 INI file on the windows folder and create a shortcut on your desktop. Do the same for the ZADIG INI file. Just right click on it and click INSTALL whenever you want to swap between the two drivers. I just summarized the process but you get the gist of it.

digo how are you my friend?

I'm trying to follow your advice....I did a search in my Windows folder(running Windows 10 btw), and the results that come back are located in my: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ folder. The results came back with several "G27_Racing_Wheel.cat" files or several "G27_Racing_Wheel.inf" files. Windows has places those two files into several separate folders, called "g27_racing_wheel.inf_amd64_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". The XXX represent the different Device ID's that has been given to my G27 over the years(not sure why "amd64" is in the folder title but whatever)

But anyway the point is, that is what pops up upon a search. You mention look for an INI file, but no G27 related INI files are in there. I presume you meant to say INF file perhaps? And that I should install the "g27_racing_wheel.inf" file that corresponds to whatever my current G27 device ID is? Please reply and clarify.
(08-31-2022, 09:22 PM)isamu99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2022, 05:35 PM)digo Wrote: [ -> ]

digo how are you my friend?

I'm trying to follow your advice....I did a search in my Windows folder(running Windows 10 btw), and the results that come back are located in my: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ folder. The results came back with several "G27_Racing_Wheel.cat" files or several "G27_Racing_Wheel.inf" files. Windows has places those two files into several separate folders, called "g27_racing_wheel.inf_amd64_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". The XXX represent the different Device ID's that has been given to my G27 over the years(not sure why "amd64" is in the folder title but whatever)

But anyway the point is, that is what pops up upon a search. You mention look for an INI file, but no G27 related INI files are in there. I presume you meant to say INF file perhaps? And that I should install the "g27_racing_wheel.inf" file that corresponds to whatever my current G27 device ID is? Please reply and clarify.

Yes, it's the INF file. Sorry for the typo. And yes, it's located on the weirdest place in the windows folder. I think you've located it. Now just automate the processes as you see fit. I did with BAT files and the task manager. YMMV
Dear RPCS3 developers.....

If you're reading this, please please *PLEASE* implement support for native Direct Input FFB steering wheels! Using the USB pass-thru  via Zadig solution is an arduous and tedious task to say the least.

Here's a breakdown of the problem....

Every time I switch to the "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" drivers for use in RPCS3, the wheel works OK. The problem is switching back. Upon attempting to switch back, Zadig only gives the option to install the following:

1)libusb-win32
2)libusbK
3)USB Serial (CDC)

.....NEITHER of these drivers are the correct one. I've seen some comments saying to re-install the libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0) drivers, but that is actually the *incorrect* driver for the G27, and makes the wheel non-functional. This dilemma forces me to have to re-install the proper drivers via Windows Device Manager and go through the several steps required to get it working. Then *ON TOP* of all that, it messes up the Logitech Gaming Software, making a complete re-installation of that app is necessary as well.

Please guys, we love this emulator to death. But those of us with FFB wheels who love playing racing games on PS3, there are no simple options to enjoy them via RPCS3.

A solution that allows the emulator to recognize our wheels as native DInput devices, where the game acknowledges them accordingly, would go a LONG way to encourage us to use RPCS3 to get our racing game fix. With the way it is now, it is extremely arduous and overwhelmingly discouraging.

Please guys, I am BEGGING you!!! Please change this. I will donate handsomely to RPCS3 the moment native Direct Input support for FFB wheels is supported. This option is wanted BADLY by us racing enthusiasts. Please consider.

Thank you!
I would be interested in this also. Anything I can do as a non programmer to assist with the implementation? Thank you kindly in advance!

mobdro 2022
I think a solution would be something like the PCSX2 does, the PS2 had support for the GT Force, Drive Force and Drive Force Pro. So the PCSX2 maps your wheel to whatever wheel the PS2 supported, including the ffb. I'm not a programmer, but for what I understand, it emulates the wheel.

I would not mind if RPCS3 would emulate a single wheel that is well supported by the PS3 like the Logitech G25/27, so we could bind our wheels to it.

It is how I play GT5 and GT6 on RPCS3, I bough the GIMX usb adapter sold on the GIMX store, loaded the G25/27 profile that they have with their free software, including various wheel profiles, and mapped my Fanatec GT DD wheel to it. RPCS3 sees a G25/27 wheel and I can play without a problem, just wish this was built into RPCS3.

I had previously the Thrustmaster T300RS that is supported by GT6, but could never get it to work with direct usb connection, always had to use GIMX. Unfortunately, the wheel had to be retired because some of the hardware was malfunctioning and I took this opportunity to upgrade. All this hardware that the PS3 supported at some point will break down and stop working, emulating this hardware is the way to go in the future.