RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: recommended requirements for the emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

i would like to buy a new pc.  Here the specs:

CASE
Silverstone SST-RVZ03
CPU
i7 8700 
MOTHERBOARD
ASROCK H370M-ITX/AC or AsRock B360M-ITX/AC ?
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2666Mhz
GPU
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini
PSU
550W Enermax Revolution SFX 80+ Gold
HDD
Hard Disk 2,5 1TB Western Digital Blue 128MB oppure Hard Disk 2,5 2TB Western Digital Blue 128MB
SDD
SSD 250GB Samsung 860 Evo Sata III

is it ok in order to run RCPS3 with realy good performance?  Both i7 8700 and Ryzen 2600X or Ryzen 2700X are good enough?  Do you recommend a particular cpu?

thanks
For RPCS3 an 8700 or 8700k will be very good due to high clock speed and TSX. If you want to go AMD i would be waiting for zen2 to release.
ah ok thanks. I don't know what is the TSX: is this feature only for Intel chipset?
hi

i have another question: if i buy a notebook instead of a pc desktop, with same specifics i have written above, do you think that a cpu like i7 8750H or i7 8850H, are enough for RCPS3 with maximum performance (even if these 2 cpus aren't good like the i7 8700 of a desktop pc)?
thank you
I'm currently new to this emu. For now I'm using a laptop with specs below:
- Intel Core i7 4720HQ
- GTX 950m
- 12GB DDR3

Is it good enough? Cause when I tried to play The Last of Us, I got pretty bad frame rate, about 1-4 FPS
TLOU is not Playable, pick some games from the Playable category and try.
Those specs are OK, but they're not great. It's a good Haswell laptop though.
(01-02-2019, 09:14 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]TLOU is not Playable, pick some games from the Playable category and try.
Those specs are OK, but they're not great. It's a good Haswell laptop though.

aw shoot.. I wanna play it since a friend of mine said it's a good game.. thanks btw..  Smile