RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Major League Baseball 2K10 [BLUS30506]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RPCS3 v0.0.5-7513-96cabead Alpha | HEAD
Ingame with graphic bugs.
[Image: L4gDAZJ.png]
[Image: bbTfVcC.jpg]
RPCS3-0.0.6-7972-df3b46a6 Alpha

Intel i9 9900K
16 GB 3000MHz DDR4
NVIDIA RTX 2080 (Driver 419.67)

Vulkan with default settings

Game should be labeled as INTRO

When using Vulkan, the game loads into the menu fine but will crash with: "F {RSX [0x0030888]} RSX: class std::runtime_error thrown: Assertion Failed! Vulkan API call failed with unrecoverable error: Device lost (Driver crashed with unspecified error or stopped responding and recovered) (VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST)
(in file c:\projects\rpcs3\rpcs3\emu\rsx\vk\vkhelpers.h:832)"

Here is the log for the crash on Vulkan: [attachment=13809]

Using OpenGL with defualt settings, the game gets ingame. It even plays with fine framerates. However there is some pretty bad audio distortion, and the game is constantly compiling shaders, even after it has been playing for 15+ minutes. There is also some graphic distortion in the pause menu as well as on some player information panels that pop up throughout the game

OpenGL log: [attachment=13808]

I think the Vulkan crashing issue may be linked to this issue on github: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/5699

I'd appreciate if someone with a pascal card could test this for me. Thanks in advance!
why intro when you got ingame with opengl...
(04-14-2019, 10:25 AM)digitaldude Wrote: [ -> ]why intro when you got ingame with opengl...

Using OpenGL is a pretty terrible experience right now on it. It technically loads ingame but it's awful to use. With Vulkan being so much faster and some possible regression (I'm still doing some testing on various older builds to see what's going on there) I figured the game should be considered intro as Vulkan is its best bet of getting to a playable state anytime soon, and therefor its Vulkan performance was more important.

I have nothing against it staying as ingame though, just wanted to make sure the issues with Vulkan were properly noted
(04-14-2019, 03:40 PM)connorwalks Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2019, 10:25 AM)digitaldude Wrote: [ -> ]why intro when you got ingame with opengl...

Using OpenGL is a pretty terrible experience right now on it. It technically loads ingame but it's awful to use. With Vulkan being so much faster and some possible regression (I'm still doing some testing on various older builds to see what's going on there) I figured the game should be considered intro as Vulkan is its best bet of getting to a playable state anytime soon, and therefor its Vulkan performance was more important.

I have nothing against it staying as ingame though, just wanted to make sure the issues with Vulkan were properly noted

it's generic error but its likely some of these have gotten fixed over time https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/5659
(04-14-2019, 04:34 PM)UaQ - lover Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2019, 03:40 PM)connorwalks Wrote: [ -> ]

it's generic error but its likely some of these have gotten fixed over time https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/5659

So most likely these issues will just resolve themselves (by that I mean they will be solved with future iterations naturally)? I thought the issues had to deal with my card being an RTX card and was potentially linked to the MLB the Show issue
"It technically loads ingame but it's awful to use."
That's why it's called Ingame, and not Playable.
If you can get ingame and see the game world rendered and control the character then it's ingame regardless of needing to change settings or low fps etc.