RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-21-2018, 06:57 PM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see, 2.5 has a different structure.

Well, let's see if we can try something with that.

First, did you try to skip the cutscene?

If that doesn't work, inside the "KH2Image" folder (if there is a "Data" folder inside, look inside that), try looking for a .dat file that looks like it might be an intro (they're usually named something like OPN, START_1, ANM_1) and try renaming that. But I would suggest trying the option below:

OR, you can simply try an older build, like 6664 (last known to work with games that have a similar black screen issue):

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

I can not download an older version of RPCS3.
(10-22-2018, 03:57 PM)rodile Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 06:57 PM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see, 2.5 has a different structure.

Well, let's see if we can try something with that.

First, did you try to skip the cutscene?

If that doesn't work, inside the "KH2Image" folder (if there is a "Data" folder inside, look inside that), try looking for a .dat file that looks like it might be an intro (they're usually named something like OPN, START_1, ANM_1) and try renaming that. But I would suggest trying the option below:

OR, you can simply try an older build, like 6664 (last known to work with games that have a similar black screen issue):

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

I can not download an older version of RPCS3.

HAHA, man do you have bad luck.

Old versions are deleted after 6 months, and it says that version is old 6 months as 14 minutes... so you're 14 minutes too late for downloading it.

I'll put my version on google drive or something, brb in 10 minutes or so.

Alright, here is the 6664 version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15vWK764...36SCE/view
Thank you for giving me the version. 
Except that even with this version it does not work.
(10-22-2018, 05:33 PM)rodile Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for giving me the version. 

You might need to clear all cache (LLVM, Sahders, SPU) and config and try to run the game anew.

Actually, try to run the version I gave you standalone if you haven't already (unzip it in a new folder, install firmare if needed).

Also uncheck all "Addititional Settings" except "SPU cache".

If all that doesn't help, then guess it wasn't meant to be.

EDIT: I might try to give you an even older version tho
(10-22-2018, 06:09 PM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 05:33 PM)rodile Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for giving me the version. 

You might need to clear all cache (LLVM, Sahders, SPU) and config and try to run the game anew.

Actually, try to run the version I gave you standalone if you haven't already (unzip it in a new folder, install firmare if needed).

Also uncheck all "Addititional Settings" except "SPU cache".

If all that doesn't help, then guess it wasn't meant to be.

EDIT: I might try to give you an even older version tho

Thank you very much, it works.
(10-22-2018, 11:54 AM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 08:44 PM)TZB Wrote: [ -> ]Seems working with the old version of RPCS3 (at least for the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2). Thank you for your help !
And by message edition, I meant : If you have the notifications enabled and the last message is from me, if I edit my message, do you receive a notification or not ?

I don't think editing your comment triggers the notification. I edited my comment a few times and it didn't send anybody anything.

Also, I just noticed, but you have HD 530, so do you have a i7 6700(k), mabye 7700? Ah, wait, you have a laptop, so it's probably 6700HQ

If so, then it does seem like the black screen problem is related to Skylake based CPUs. Maybe even that Spectre/Meltdown patch

EDIT: OP has a different CPU, but it does seem like CPUs around that time are the issue.
I have a core i7 - 6700HQ. Now, the game loads well, but RPCS3 seems to be crashing after a little time (skipping every scenes of the beginning, I have enough time to go to talk to the first NPC, but no more), and there is a lot of graphical isssues during game parts, not during scenes(but it may come from the game files directly, it looks like the 'bugs' parts in re-coded). Re-coded part seems to be OK for now, and I still haven't tried BBS.

EDIT : Re-coded makes the emulator crashing too... Would it be useful to send the program's logs somewhere ?
(10-25-2018, 03:02 PM)TZB Wrote: [ -> ]I have a core i7 - 6700HQ. Now, the game loads well, but RPCS3 seems to be crashing after a little time (skipping every scenes of the beginning, I have enough time to go to talk to the first NPC, but no more), and there is a lot of graphical isssues during game parts, not during scenes(but it may come from the game files directly, it looks like the 'bugs' parts in re-coded). Re-coded part seems to be OK for now, and I still haven't tried BBS.

EDIT : Re-coded makes the emulator crashing too... Would it be useful to send the program's logs somewhere ?

I doubt they can help you since this happens in all games that suffer from the black screen in later versions (I have random freezes in Cathetrine too, mostly when talking to NPCs). Also, this is an older build, so I don't think they will work with that.

It does seem to be a Skylake bug (Skylake has issues with a whole lot of emulators, not just RPCS3), so unless they look into the issue itself (which I don't think they have time for, most people use newer processors, so it's not a priority), playing 2.5 is gonna be hard.

A few things you can try tho:
1. Turn off GPU texture scaling
2. Try OpenGL
3. Use LLVM recompiler (if 6664 has it, I don't remember), or if you already use LLVM, switch to ASMJIT

If you want to try and post your log, you can try in this post, or here: https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-165130.html
The problem is that it's not only a black screen, but directly a message "RPCS3 has stopped running". I'll try the other things, and if it does not work, I give up. I'll wait for new versions of RPCS3 to play it (or buy a PS4 to get all games).

EDIT : Disabling texture scaling and using OpenGL seems to be a good combo. I've been able to play KHII for 15 minutes now without any texture bug or crashes.
Pages: 1 2