RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Getting 120 FPS in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, that title is not a joke.  Someone I know found a way to get a massive performance boost in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Go to the folder where the game is located, the navigate to PS3_Game > USRDIR > Movies.  Then delete SanzaruSplash.bik.  After that you will see a massive performance boost.  For example, I used to get 40 FPS in that game at all times.  Now I'm getting a stable 60 FPS in menus and up to 120 FPS during gameplay.

Can one of the developers check this out?  This might be a bug with the game's BIK player, not the emulator.
(08-27-2018, 01:20 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: [ -> ]No, that title is not a joke.  Someone I know found a way to get a massive performance boost in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Go to the folder where the game is located, the navigate to PS3_Game > USRDIR > Movies.  Then delete SanzaruSplash.bik.  After that you will see a massive performance boost.  For example, I used to get 40 FPS in that game at all times.  Now I'm getting a stable 60 FPS in menus and up to 120 FPS during gameplay.

Can one of the developers check this out?  This might be a bug with the game's BIK player, not the emulator.
I can confirm that this strangely gives you a performance boost. The cinematic was always flickering for me anyways so I'm glad I was able to take it out safely along with receiving better performance. But by doing this, I noticed there was a lot more artifacting/tearing to some textures such as the guard's searchlights going pixelated. Could be only me though.
This is old but gold, I can't believe but this fixed all the problems I had in the game! I was getting terrible aliasing even in 4k, but after doing this the image looks super sharp as it should. I also got rid of some blue pixels I got in some entities and not a big performance improvement but yeah there was some improvement
I can confirm this, it seems like deleting that file makes the game fail to initialize MLAA. Resulting in improved performance and fixing resolution scaling issues.
Renaming the file also works. But when another video is played, the "improvement" is reverted.