RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Question about RPCS3 logs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been testing a bunch of games quickly. I assumed each game would have a log for each game, but that is not the case I think. I see the log is pretty big though for a text log.
1. Does it include each game i've loaded?
2. Does the RPCS3 team recommend deleting the log before testing a game each time, so when submitting a log it is minimal?

Edit: oops.. seems like the log deletes itself when the emulator closes?
1. Yes, each game for that run of RPCS3. if you want to have a small log, it's best to close and re-open RPCS3 before running another game so it doesn't have a log from previous runs.
2. No, re-opening RPCS3 will move the previous log to the old logs folder replacing the one that was there from last time.
(08-21-2018, 06:32 AM)Asinine Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, each game for that run of RPCS3. if you want to have a small log, it's best to close and re-open RPCS3 before running another game so it doesn't have a log from previous runs.
2. No, re-opening RPCS3 will move the previous log to the old logs folder replacing the one that was there from last time.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Is there a way I can open the log to see which one is for which game? Cuz I kinda tested like 3 games and moved on, however worst case scenario I can just load them back up. I have many more to test.
Would it also be ok to rename the logs each time or would that render the log useless for you guys if it isn't the default RPCS3.log format?
Yes, logs can be opened by simply... opening them. You may want to install 7-zip and a decent text editor like sublime or notepad++
There's no need to rename them, just leave them as is.