RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Using Gravatars: Forum Control Panel Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I have just signed up after discovering this EMU and I'm trying to sort my profile. Firstly, for a lot of links I am receiving the following error page although a refresh seems to resolve it:

Code:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at forums.rpcs3.net Port 80

In addition, I am trying to use my gravatar and it says to enter the email address of the gravatar to use which I do. However, the response I get is:

Code:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.

How do I use my gravatar? I would be grateful if you could let me know how to resolve this.

Finally, is there a way to create a forum signature? It says to include your signature under post options, but I can't find where to create / edit one.

Thanks for the help.

Chris (adelphiaUK)
Hello,

Can you try again? Several features such as Avatars and Signatures only become accessible after the user's first post where they get automatically promoted to Member. As a Newcomer, you did not have the permission to upload an Avatar and use a Signature, but you should be able to do it now.
OK, I've managed to get the signature sorted, thank you, but still still no joy linking my avatar to gravatar. It keeps telling me the URL entered for the avatar is incorrect. Any ideas? I know I could upload it but I'm sure you'd like to get this fixed too?

EDIT: I've also found that I can't link to an off site URL (as per https://support.adelphia.co.uk/avatars/avatar.gif) either. This returns the same URL error message. Does the offsite support GIF files?
I've asked on MyBB Community regarding Gravatar not working, also tested here and doesn't work even on a full permission account on base theme, waiting on an answer.
OK, Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Seems it's an issue with DVZ Secure Content
https://community.mybb.com/thread-219236...pid1311591

Need to wait for the author, which is also part of MyBB Staff, to provide a working fix, as I can't simply disable the whole plugin in order to let Gravatars work