RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: SoulCalibur IV "Failed to mount disc directory"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is my first attempt at PS3 emulating.

I ripped my SoulCalibur IV disc using PowerISO, I followed the directions step-by-step in the quickstart guide. Installed the firmware, found the correct IRD for the game, validated the patched ISO, everything was fine, no errors.

I put it in the correct directory. When I go boot the game I get this:

S LDR: Boot successful.

E LDR: Failed to mount disc directory for the disc game BLUS30160

My final decrypted ISO went to my downloads folder and I moved it into the disc folder of the PS3 emulator. It left a PS3_DISC.sfb in my downloads folder, and I'm not sure where it goes. Is this the problem?

I tried placing it in the game ISO folder, but when I do, the game disappears from the games list.

Also my bluray drive is HITACHI/LG BH40N. It's not in the compatible list, but ripping the disc went fine and there were no errors according to the PS3 ISO Rebuilder tool.
You need to put all files from the ISO in a directory like dev_hdd0/disc/BLUS30160.
The BLUS30160 needs to have at least a PS3_GAME folder and a PS3_DISC.sfb file inside.
Ok, I made the PS3_GAME folder and placed the PS3_DISC.sfb in the folder but I'm still getting the error. The game .iso files are in dev_hdd0/disc/BLUS30160.

Inside the BLUS30160 folder, there is .png files, a PARAM.SFO, and all of the game files are in a folder called USRDIR. Should all of the game files be in the BLUS30160 folder, or the PS3_GAME folder?

What should the directory look like?

*EDIT*

Okay, so I went to Manage > Virtual File System and added the game directory there, and it booted but it never actually launched and I got all kinds of errors.

Here is the log.
[...]

What in the heck is happening?

*EDIT 2*

Okay, now it's doing this:

E LDR: Invalid or unsupported file format: D:/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN

S LDR: Boot successful.

*EDIT*

Ok so I just re-extracted the iso to the game folder and now it's working.

Thanks!
I redacted the console output flood, when asked for a log, attach an actual log, not copy paste from the emulator's console output