RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: SIREN: Blood Curse [NPEA00095]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
INFORMATION OUTDATED. CHECK THE END OF THE THREAD FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE STATUS.

RPCS3 0.0.5-6694-25ec899cf Alpha
PPU Decoder: Recompiler (LLVM)
SPU Decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
LLE: Load automatic and manual selection (libvdec.sprx)
Renderer: Vulkan
GPU: Use GPU Texture Scaling, Disable Vertex Cache, (Relevant) Strict Rendering Mode

Without Strict Rendering Mode, the game is playable until you are spotted by a Shibito. The effect that is shown on screen (The red flashes) instantly turns the screen black (Except the GUI), which makes it unplayable.

Enabling Strict Rendering Mode fixes this, although the speed goes way low, up to 4-5 FPS when Sightjack (Split screen) is used. I can't beat the first stage because the tutorial forces you to shake the SixAxis in a QTE and I don't have a DS4 or similar.
Renamed thread from "Siren Blood Curse [NPEA00095]" to "SIREN: Blood Curse [NPEA00095]"
(05-06-2018, 05:41 AM)Asinine Wrote: [ -> ]Renamed thread from "Siren Blood Curse [NPEA00095]" to "SIREN: Blood Curse [NPEA00095]"

Pardon me, but I am curious: The game title doesn't have the colon. Even the PAL cover (I have two copies of the game, one digital and one physical) doesn't have the colon.
I just changed it to match the other ID's so it can be merged with them on the compatibility list. The NPUA ID shows it written like that in the title, i guess we can add an alternative title but anyway something needs to happen.
(05-06-2018, 10:12 AM)Asinine Wrote: [ -> ]I just changed it to match the other ID's so it can be merged with them on the compatibility list. The NPUA ID shows it written like that in the title, i guess we can add an alternative title but anyway something needs to happen.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification!
(05-04-2018, 04:48 PM)IlDucci Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 0.0.5-6694-25ec899cf Alpha
GPU: Use GPU Texture Scaling, Disable Vertex Cache, (Relevant) Strict Rendering Mode

Without Strict Rendering Mode, the game is playable until you are spotted by a Shibito. The effect that is shown on screen (The red flashes) instantly turns the screen black (Except the GUI), which makes it unplayable.

Enabling Strict Rendering Mode fixes this, although the speed goes way low, up to 4-5 FPS when Sightjack (Split screen) is used. I can't beat the first stage because the tutorial forces you to shake the SixAxis in a QTE and I don't have a DS4 or similar.

RPCS3 v0.0.5-7469-98f2967a

Things have taken a turn for the worse. Without Disable Vertex Cache, the situation is the same as before but with plenty of freezes. Activating Disable Vertex Cache crashes the emulator 4 out of five times, while the time it worked, the game managed to load a level before freezing the video.
(05-04-2018, 04:48 PM)IlDucci Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 0.0.5-6694-25ec899cf Alpha

rpcs3-v0.0.5-7562-92be67b4_win64

Same specs as before. Still requires Strict Rendering Mode for the visual cue when you are spotted.

The last updates have improved performance quite a bit, gaining 5 FPS on all cases (15-20 FPS during normal gameplay, 5-10 FPS when sightjacking/splitscreen). But now the game hangs the moment an FMV stops playing. I've managed to finally beat the first level using an old savegame. Visually, the game is shown perfectly.
rpcs3-v0.0.5-7731-f902a786_win64
LLE: Load liblv2.sprx only
GPU: Disable Vertex Cache, (Relevant) Strict Rendering Mode

The game has increased its speed/FPS count, but the stutterings and minor hangs are still there. A couple of days ago I tried the back-then current version and it was smoother, and not only that, but I was almost able to reach the end of an Episode and save my progress, but the game froze when the last video (Coming soon...) ended. Game still hangs when a video is skipped.

There's also one texture that is not rendered properly, it only shows a white background. It's at the back door of the Ito's house, I can't bring a screenshot because after that first playthough, the game hangs as soon as a video stops playing.
rpcs3-v0.0.6-7955-52a12185_win64
LLE: Load liblv2.sprx only
GPU: Disable Vertex Cache, Strict Rendering Mode
Additional settings: Enable Thread Scheduler, Enable SPU Loop Detection, SPU Cache

Welp, guess the forum isn't allowing me to remove the pictures in order to load the log file.

This game has improved very nicely, but isn't perfect. Ingame wise, the bug where videos would end up with a black screen when finished playing or when skipped is over, so the last major bugger is out of the picture. I've managed to fully clear the first chapter and get the game autosaved.

Speed, when the game doesn't indulge in stuttering, is PS3-perfect: Near 30 FPS during gameplay and near 15 FPS when Sight Jacking (A feature that caused the same slowdown in real hardware). The stuttering, however, has become worse: Sometimes the game has frozen during seconds, maybe even half a minute. I stopped playing after one of these freezes lasted a couple of minutes, during the second stage of Chapter 2 (Where you follow Amana with Howard).

Visually, many elements now render perfectly (Check Howard's BRAMBLES graphic, it had alpha issues before on the border), however, it seems that the white textured elements issue is still present.

I have to trim the log file into two parts because of the lengthy gameplay... Whenever I'm capable of uploading it.

I'm sorry for the double post, but I'm incapable of removing screenshots in my previous post.
"This game has improved very nicely, but isn't perfect. Ingame wise, the bug where videos would end up with a black screen when finished playing or when skipped is over, so the last major bugger is out of the picture."

What does this mean? The black screen issue after videos was fixed or it's still there? I'm confused as to what is preventing this from being playable.
Pages: 1 2