RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Is Ryzen a good cpu choice for RPCS3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all !!  

I'm building a new gaming pc and I intend to use this emulator to play some AAA games. Is ryzen ( R7 2700x) a good choice ? or should I just get the 8700k
8700K is way better for RPCS3 and for PC Gaming in general.
(05-01-2018, 05:22 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]8700K is way better for RPCS3 and for PC Gaming in general.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Looking to upgrade and comparing these two chips.

Are there any benchmarks for the 2700X vs 8700k in respects to RPCS3 used to draw this conclusion of being "way better"?
2700X has latency issues between CCX module. All SPU cores are mapped to a single CCX due to latency issues on Ryzen.
8700K has TSX, AMD CPUs don't have TSX or any similar Instruction Set.

I don't know if there are any 2700X benchmarks, but 8700K is better.
(06-08-2018, 12:26 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]2700X has latency issues between CCX module. All SPU cores are mapped to a single CCX due to latency issues on Ryzen.
8700K has TSX, AMD CPUs don't have TSX or any similar Instruction Set.

I don't know if there are any 2700X benchmarks, but 8700K is better.

Thanks! I'll plan on the 8700K or 8086k. I'd really like to put my PS3 library on my PC for gamestreaming around the house and on the go.
i just bought a new system to connect to the tv, it uses a less powerful amd ryzen 3 2200G, but has a gtx 1050 ti. it seems to get the job done nicely with rpcs3, ryujinx, yuzu, cemu, & citra, as well as others... sure the intel would be way better, but i have a family of 6 to support so i had to go with a cheaper option, i think it gets the job done nicely.
my main pc that i use for programming and job stuff, is much slower, has amd fx-6300 with a gtx 1030. that does decent. well enough....
sure powerful intel chips do better, but for the cost i think ryzen does well enough, i'm sure as the emulator gets optimized more will not even matter...
2200G and FX6300 do not suffice for RPCS3. You can try, most Playable titles won't be Playable.

Optimizations only go so far, we can't make miracles. Low-end chips won't work well with RPCS3.
watched this before I purchased the 2000 g I get a bit  better then what he showed. absolutely playable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--U_eSCo6eo
DeS has stuttering audio right off the tutorial, video is muted and doesn't show that. It shows lag still in the tutorial area, let alone in the heavy areas of the game.

Tekken 6 is clearly not Playable, it's running at some 35-40 FPS.

God of War Collection also has stuttering audio with low performance, that's mentioned but also muted on the video.
i use the audio from the NVidia gtx 1050ti so I haven't noticed any real issues, but that video he did it with the gpu on the processor chip. which isn't really recommended anyways. but I guess it ultimately depends on ones determination of what's acceptable or not. so far the only game that small hiccup's every once in a while that i've tried is gran turismo . mass effect 1 runs pretty decent except for those white bubbles are a bit annoying.
Pages: 1 2