RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Mega-compatability Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but i was wondering if it was acceptable to create a dedicated compatibility thread for a game series, and in the process of thinking it through, would like to know if it is also a good suggestion with the hope of encouraging other people to participate with their own games.

The goal would be to:
1. Catalogue the various problems each game in the series suffered from.
2. Document precise testing for all of them games and parts of the games, particularly those parts people struggle with most.
3. Document and point to solutions if they exist.
4. Provide better community support for users who are struggling with those games.
5. By having organized and dedicated community threads for this challenge, take a load off the developers of RPCS3.

I do understand we already have dedicated compatibility threads for each game.

However..

1. Im not the original post, So anything i post for each of those games would be lost, no matter how hard i work to make an up-to-date compatibility post in one place.
2. Other people are rarely very helpful each other on those threads, which leads to a lot of people asking repetitive questions without results.
3. As RPCS3 moves forward out of general fixes and into specific fixes (i know this is still a while off yet, but we are getting closer), it'll become more and more useful to developers to have glitches organized into easier to find places, instead of spread out across hundreds of loose compatibility threads, though it may be worth it to merge mega-compatability posts with those threads eventually.

Does anybody else have thoughts on this? Ive been getting super frustrated not being able to find good solutions to problems with my games, without having to manually test each setting to get a game working.
(02-28-2018, 04:19 AM)lastdance Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but i was wondering if it was acceptable to create  a dedicated compatibility thread for a game series, and in the process of thinking it through, would like to know if it is also a good suggestion with the hope of encouraging other people to participate with their own games.

The goal would be to:
1. Catalogue the various problems each game in the series suffered from.
2. Document precise testing for all of them games and parts of the games, particularly those parts people struggle with most.
3. Document and point to solutions if they exist.
4. Provide better community support for users who are struggling with those games.
5. By having organized and dedicated community threads for this challenge, take a load off the developers of RPCS3.

I do understand we already have dedicated compatibility threads for each game.  

However..

1. Im not the original post, So anything i post for each of those games would be lost, no matter how hard i work to make an up-to-date compatibility  post in one place.
2. Other people are rarely very helpful each other on those threads, which leads to a lot of people asking repetitive questions without results.
3. As RPCS3 moves forward out of general fixes and into specific fixes (i know this is still a while off yet, but we are getting closer), it'll become more and more useful to developers to have glitches organized into easier to find places, instead of spread out across hundreds of loose compatibility threads, though it may be worth it to merge mega-compatability posts with those threads eventually.

Does anybody else have thoughts on this? Ive been getting super frustrated not being able to find good solutions to problems with my games, without having to manually test each setting to get a game working.
AFAIK The ratchet and clank games suffer from  a Sh#t ton of rsx related issues causing the games to get stuck at loading/intro scenes