RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demons Souls freezing problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having constant short freezes in Demons Souls but only in the parts that i'm playing for the first time, meaning the freezes stop after i restart the game until i come to the part that i left the game before.

I have a gtx970, 32GB ram and a i7-6700k. btw I have no other problems than the freezes the fps seems perfect, would be really glad if someone could help with this, thanks. here's my log file if needed: https://mega.nz/#!MepGRBYK!Ykpm5WPX_TTbA...wHZGvZI7mw
There's no problem here, the freezes are the wait time on your driver to compile new shaders. Once shaders are compiled, they will be loaded from cache, so you don't wait to wait on driver compilation yet again.

Also, don't upload big plain text files. That makes no sense as it's a waste of bandwidth and server space. Any modern compression will compress that with a ratio of above 90%.
(01-16-2018, 08:57 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]There's no problem here, the freezes are the wait time on your driver to compile new shaders. Once shaders are compiled, they will be loaded from cache, so you don't wait to wait on driver compilation yet again.

Also, don't upload big plain text files. That makes no sense as it's a waste of bandwidth and server space. Any modern compression will bring compress that with a ratio of above 90%.

thanks for the quick answer but I have not seen any of these freezes on any videos i checked online and maybe it got misunderstood because i said "short" freezes theyre like 2 seconds ad they really don't feel natural. so this is the state i will be playing the game and theres nothing i can do? thanks and sorry for bothering again.
You have to walk through one area first and build the shaders. Then they won't need to be built again once you pass there again. For games without much backtracing that's hard, but that's how it works.
There's nothing we can do regarding wait time on driver shader compilation.