RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: How to make Themes for RPCS3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I know everyone is working to get the emulator bugfree and running smoothly. Its the 1st priority. But I was thinking in how I could make a own Theme for RPCS3.

So i searched on Google and on this forum but found nothing realy useful.

If anybody could tell me what programm to use on Windows 10 to make .qss files that are working with RPCS3 would be verry helpful.

thx!
qss are basically CSS files for QT.

You just have to know CSS and QT stylesheet properties, and use any text editor like Notepad++ to write a CSS sheet.
(01-04-2018, 05:23 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]qss are basically CSS files for QT.

You just have to know CSS and QT stylesheet properties, and use any text editor like Notepad++ to write a CSS sheet.

Thx for the Answer! :-)

But what I had in mind was more like a design-programm for windows similar to Visual Studio or sketch on OSX.
My plan is to use .jpg's to style the Buttons. For example to change the style from now(VLC Player-like) to, lets say Windows Media Player-like(a collored UI which looks more plastic than just gray Buttons).

So my plan is to keep the layout as it is, just edit the looks in a way everythings fit together and give it a more plastic design. For example, PS3-style color and Text.

Is it even possible? I searched the whole internet the last 3 days, but I found nothing realy useful. Or is editing with Notepad++ the only option to style the UI?
Nope, you have to write CSS, there's no program that does that for you in this scenario.

You can probably define the button's backgrounds as images, just experiment.
If you have no experience with CSS, you're probably going to have a bad time, as some things are annoying to fine-tune.
(01-04-2018, 05:23 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]qss are basically CSS files for QT.

After i make a theme rpcs3 with CSS. how to applying css theme to rpcs3?
Place qss file in GuiConfigs and load it from GUI like you would load other themes