RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Demon's Souls Vulkan issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first and foremost thank you all for your amazing work on this emulator, fantastic progress and it is greatly appreciated.

So, I'm here with a frequent crash on Demon's Souls and it seems to be something like this:
"ยทF 0:07:15.159280 {rsx::thread} class std::runtime_error thrown: Assertion Failed! Vulkan API call failed with unrecoverable error: Device lost (Driver crashed with unspecified error or stopped responding and recovered) (VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST)
(in file c:\projects\rpcs3\rpcs3\emu\rsx\vk\VKHelpers.h:1130) "

I've followed the instructions to install (had an issue with VC_redist 2015, but managed to correct it)
And everything works great with user recommended settings but the game crashes/freezes.
Initially I was able to complete the tutorial, and crashing on the Dragon God (if u beat the tutorial boss you get transported here).
But now it is crashing on Nexus and Boletarian palace after barely a minute.

Found some suggestions, did a clean install of my Nvidia drivers, but the issue remains.
Tried OpenGL renderer and it works well but with some flickering and lesser performance.
So, do I need to somehow update my Vulkan drivers separately, is that even possible?
Does it come packaged with Nvidia drivers only?

Or is this a common issue and I just need to be patient and wait for newer versions, etc.?

My specs are:
windows 10x64, GTX1080, i7-4790K, Nvidia drivers: 388.59, Vulkan API version (according to vulkaninfo): 1.0.3
Thanks again!
Absolutely getting this here as well, sometimes not for two hours and sometimes every minute.
I'm also getting this problem pretty much constantly running Vulkan. Sometimes I can play through an entire area or two before it randomly pops up, or I'll walk a couple of steps after starting the game and it'll freeze up with this issue. Other than this issue the game runs pretty well with few fps drops and looks great.

I cannot stand to play it on OpenGL though. It has so many stutters that it's unplayable.

specs:
I5-4690K, 8GB RAM, GTX 970. Latest drivers and all that.

Any feedback for this, or a recommendation for a previous version of the emulator which is more stable for Demon Souls in particular would be greatly appreciated. If not I guess I'll just wait a bit. Thanks in advance.
I get the exact same error here when using the Vulkan renderer.

@"OmniEssence" : I found OpenGL to be stuttering a lot as well to start with, but after playing for a while when most of the shaders have been compiled it gets better. Biggest problem with OpenGL for me was that it does a lot of flickering in the HUD.

Specs: GTX 1080, i7-6700K, 32 GB RAM
Vulkan API Version: 1.0.61
Nvidia driver: 3.88.71
let me offer you good advice. Don't try use alpha builds of games, emulators, softwares or other early access stuff with your glitchful latest Win10 build. Install Win7SP1x64bit tested by lot of time and countless people. Latest rpcs3 builds works on it enough correct. Without these black screens and regular crashes (not this Vulkan crash only).