RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Missing Vulkan with Intel HD Graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm posting this mainly for information as I couldn't find anything specific about it on the RPCS3 forums, so just in case it wasn't covered, I decided to report it.

Starting from Driver version 4849 for the 6th gen and upwards Intel CPUs, Vulkan became unavailable as an option in RPCS3 and this continued in 4877.
In case of 4849, Intel seems to have messed something up with Vulkan version information, but apparently fixed it in 4877, however, RPCS3 still can't successfully load Vulkan.

Several users notified Intel about this (reference links below) and they seem to have come to the conclusion that RPCS3 is at fault with the latest version. I am not sure if this is true, but if you need any kind of additional information I can provide you with, feel free to ask.

Original "bug" in 4849:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/119467

The "fix" in 4877:
https://communities.intel.com/message/513886#513886

Keep up the good work Smile
Sadly Intel dropped iGPU driver support for Windows 7 starting on 15.45, so I can't test that myself
Maybe @"kd-11" can have a look

Also, Vulkan RunTime, 1.0.54 is very outdated. Do recent drivers really ship with that old RunTime version?
(12-14-2017, 12:52 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly Intel dropped iGPU driver support for Windows 7 starting on 15.45, so I can't test that myself

Also, Vulkan RunTime, 1.0.54 is very outdated. Do recent drivers really ship with that old RunTime version?

The 4877 driver ships with 1.0.62, not sure how recent that is. I had 1.0.50 before that which worked with RPCS3
(12-14-2017, 12:52 AM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly Intel dropped iGPU driver support for Windows 7 starting on 15.45, so I can't test that myself

Are you sure? Windows 7 Support goes until 2020 AFAIK. And Win7 is widely used.
well im got the same problema
2 days ago i can use vulkan 
but today that option only disappeared
im try to upadate but nothing

im got an Intel hd 630
Windows 10

(sorry for my bad english)
+1, please take a look into this, I'm having the same issue, I've been playing DeS (Pretty playable, even on HD530) for a while on RPCS3 and now I can't play it anymore Sad
How odd, I did not receive any notifications about new replies.

Anyway, as a temporary "fix", you can rollback the GPU drivers to get Vulkan back (it's what I did). In case you didn't update your drivers, maybe you updated your RPCS3 version, so same thing, just use an older one.

Though if you have Windows 10 , you might need to block your GPU driver updates as I believe they update automatically, and without your consent. MS has a tool, but I believe they implement the option to stop drivers in specific via the Device Manager (either way, just google it).
(12-14-2017, 07:49 AM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]The 4877 driver ships with 1.0.62, not sure how recent that is. I had 1.0.50 before that which worked with RPCS3
1.0.62 is fine

(12-14-2017, 01:45 PM)RPCS3_FAN Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Windows 7 Support goes until 2020 AFAIK. And Win7 is widely used.
I'm sure, I use Windows 7. Intel dropped iGPU driver support already.

By the way, kd-11 doesn't have an Intel CPU with an iGPU that supports Vulkan, so I have no idea how will this get sorted out..
(12-19-2017, 10:21 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2017, 07:49 AM)Otakon7 Wrote: [ -> ]The 4877 driver ships with 1.0.62, not sure how recent that is. I had 1.0.50 before that which worked with RPCS3
1.0.62 is fine

(12-14-2017, 01:45 PM)RPCS3_FAN Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Windows 7 Support goes until 2020 AFAIK. And Win7 is widely used.
I'm sure, I use Windows 7. Intel dropped iGPU driver support already.

By the way, kd-11 doesn't have an Intel CPU with an iGPU that supports Vulkan, so I have no idea how will this get sorted out..

About W7, seems to be more about the CPU then actual drivers as I do see recent ones:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...cs-Drivers

Though could be I'm not seeing something you do.

Anyway, it seems that non-AMD gpus have this problem with Vulkan from what I've seen on some recent topics. If I recall correctly, kd-11 has an AMD GPU so maybe he somehow locked it out of non-AMD cards. If he could somehow get a Nvidia GPU, that might help diagnose the problem.

If anybody has a Nvidia GPU with latest drivers, can they report their Vulkan version?
its of updating Windows

im reinstall a old win 10 versión and it the vulkan option apears... and with a old Intel hd diver
wtf

i dont know why but when I updated to the falls creators update the vulkan option disappeared
of couse (afterwards) im upadate the Intel hd direvers but nothing

i5 7400 - hd 630
Pages: 1 2