RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: rpcs3 on arm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys is it possible to convert rpcs3 x86 code to arm with improvent in arm cpu and smartphone i think it will be a huge sucess
Maybe in 10 years when ARM CPUs become strong enough to handle PS3 emulation
Also tell me which language to develope x86 apps to arm please
rpcs3 isn't particularly x86-specific at the moment. AFAIK it won't compile on non-x86_64, but there shouldn't be too much effort required to make it work.

But, as Ani said, there aren't any non-x86 chips on the market that could run anything in rpcs3 at anything near full speed.

The only possibility might be something like Raptor Engineering's upcoming Talos II workstation, which is running an IBM POWER9 chip, but at a starting cost of $2,500 for just the motherboard and a CPU.

It's going to be years before any affordable non-x86 chip can run anything in rpcs3.
The Snapdragon 845 releasing this year is actually looking pretty impressive, so I'd say in about 4-5 years we may actually have phones that could run this well. I sure hope so. I adore PPSSPP and Dolphin on my phone.

But I am glad we have an awesome Linux version already. Smile

I know assembler and a few other languages, but I could never wrap my head around the code for this sort of project in C++ (I've been trying to), so kudos to the devs.