RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Devil May Cry 4 [BLUS30092]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RPCS3 v0.0.3-3-4aa8913 Alpha
Ingame

Possibly Playable, but i wasnt playing that long.

[attachment=1594]

[attachment=1595]
Euro version playable.
I will test this version as well.
RPCS3 v0.0.6-8194-1dedeb37 Alpha | HEAD | Firmware version: 4.83
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | 12 Threads | 31.93 GiB RAM | AVX+ | TSX

Played halfway through.

Vulkan default settings
PPU: LLVM
SPU: ASMJIT

60fps constantly, no graphical issues, no sound issues and no crashes.

Probably playable, as per EU version.
I tried running the game with the configurations used by the above user, but the game doesn't run now, it just stays in the loading screen. It appears to be a problem with Vulkan. Using Open GL results in graphical bugs. Also, I can't find a way to make the audio not stutter.
Playable
Beaten the game from start to finished with few random freezing.  Gameplay FPS is stable(HDD data is successfully installed).  Graphic/Cutscenes are well-rendered. (Res. Upscaling with "2K or above" requires setting from "Res. Threshold" to correct display color for Menu/some Gameplay/some Cutscenes).  Sound/Effects are clearly working.

# Gameplay FPS = (59~60) 
# Cutscenes gameplay stable (59~60)
# RPCS3 v0.0.13-11467-0055d84b Alpha
# Default setting [Res. scale= 300% Fullscreen 4K]
# Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | 32GB RAM | 2070S 8GB Nvidia | NVMe storage (3500MB/2500MB Read/Write).

@ Discolor Screen at Menu/Some Gameplay or Cutscene (Res. Upscaling 2K & above)
Set Res. Scale Threshold = 256 x 256 (GPU)

@ Random Freezing while Long Gameplay (RSX: Program compiled successfully)
# Restart rpcs3 app and replay mission.  
[Note: Random freezing rarely happens anywhere, which it's gone after rebooting the game.  I think something related to intensive emulation of DMC4.  Overall, the game can be completed without struggle]
Ingame

I could play until mission 2 until the first freeze, I retried mission 3 four times now, always freezing while going through a door, but not always the same door.

RPSC3 0.0.26-14775-f2155b49 Alpha | master
Default Settings (although I also tried increasing the driver wake-up delay to 200 as one reddit user suggested, sadly it did not help)
MacBook Pro 16'' 2021
macOS ventura 13.0.1
Apple M1 Pro 16GB RAM

my log files are sadly too large even with 7z applied.
macOS reports cannot downgrade game report statuses because the macOS version is still unstable.
If a game works on Windows/Linux but not on macOS/FreeBSD, this is not a blocker for the Playable status, because the core team does not actively maintain the support for the latter, this support is thanks to contributors.
This needs to be verified in a Linux or Windows system that matches or exceeds the recommended requirements.