RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Game Update Not Working Properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel 2 (Japanese Version, Disc game, ID:BLJM61183)

Rpcs3 Build: (firmware version 4.81)  0.0.3-5557 by Megamouse

Problem: 

The Ver.1.00 worked well on the current build. However, as I downloaded the Ver.1.03 update patch from the official site and installed it via "Install .pkg", something is getting wrong: In the game, as I call the "Navigation Menu", the button icon "Start: Back to Courageous" is missing(see pictures in attatchment).

In Ver.1.00, when pressing this button, the player are supposed to choose whether go back to Courageous or not. And in Ver.1.03, if the update works properly, when pressing this button, the player has one more choice of "Editting Party Members".Every time I press the start buttton under this situation, the game will freeze and a pink "F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x003af238]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0" appears in the log, and I have to quit the game.

It seems that the current build checks whether there is an update file when it boots a game and succeeds in detecting it, but the update file isn't loaded properly during the game. I also tried other recent builds and met the same problem. Could anybody explain why this is happening? Any way to handle this?

my game directory:

dev_hdd0/disc/BLJM61183

update file directory(default):
dev_hdd0/game/BLJM61183
There is a "USRDIR" folder and in this folder there is a "patches" folder and an EBOOT.BIN