RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Support of Multicore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo! I just wanted to ask if there are any plans for multicore support. On PS3 and higher consoles this is more important than ever before. My computer has 6 cores, if i recall correctly, maybe even 8. Your Emulator (and i love it very much! it finally made Asura's Wrath at least a bit playable^^ ) gets to a maximum of 25% CPU Usage on my PC. I know Multithreading is nothing that can't be done in a blink, but it'd be nice to know if there are any plans for it, because it would make a great performance boost.

Please excuse my first post, it seems i accidentally wrote in my mother language. i hope this one's correct this time ^^

PS: don't know if it has already been reportet but on Asura's Wrath in the game's intro when you first have to do something you have to press left and right. Well... thre it's stuck. it's not frozen or anything it just seems that the keys that are needed not assigned. of course i checked the controller first, but L/R 1-3 were assigned and i hit them like mad ^^  has nothing to do with the main topic, if you think this could be something important i'll make another thread out of it and be more precisely
RPCS3 multithreads very well unless you have a crappy AMD FX Processor. CPU usage will also depend on the game itself.
(10-23-2017, 05:57 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 multithreads very well unless you have a crappy AMD FX Processor. CPU usage will also depend on the game itself.

my processor's a intel core i7 and a nvidia gtx 780ti if i recall the name correctly. still supports just 1/3 of my CPU and the game laggs really bad ^-^but 1/3 means it at least uses more then 0 core so i'm glad Smile
(10-23-2017, 05:57 PM)Ani Wrote: [ -> ]RPCS3 multithreads very well unless you have a crappy AMD FX Processor. CPU usage will also depend on the game itself.

Does RPCS3 treat the SPE from CELL CPU as own CPU Cores? Since they are not like the POWERPC Main Core.

I had no Problems with my Core i7-7700K (4C/8T) CPU