RPCS3 Forums

Full Version: Low Memory Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, this is an issue that goes not just for RPCS3, but also Cemu. I was playing a certain game lately, sat through a lot of cutscenes, got through a mini boss, and, suddenly, my PC comes up with a low memory error. I am running a rig with an Intel Core i5-4690k rocking a 4.4 GHz OC (yes, I used a certain trick with the debugger to get it running on my CPU), 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 1060. It seems like with the emulators for newer systems, I'm getting low RAM issues like nothing else. Not even any actual, made-for-PC games have ever given me an issue like this before, and I'd like to think that 16GB is a lot for RPCS3 and Cemu. (not that this post is about that emulator in particular)

Is there a way to fix up the amount of RAM being used? Does it have to do with the amount of shaders a game loads up upon start up? I remember reading about some issue with how many shaders a game loading up being excessive or something either here or on Reddit.

P.S. - If you aren't sure what game it is I'm referring to, I'd be happy to clarify via PM. I understand the situation around said game is touchy around here, after all!